Spurs Web
Borodin

FA Cup 5th Round SPURS vs Everton Wed 10/02/21

Winks is shit, hard to be included in the first team in any championship team. Alli is lost, the boy should be sold. 

Lamela and Moura very good. 

But let's not be upset, good news will come in 3-4 weeks, when new management will be appointed. 

Proper cup tie and a great game for the neutrals.

If I was Jose I wouldn't let Alli on the pitch again. No sense of urgency or willingness to try and impress. He was an embarrassment to his team mates.

Poch is welcome to him. The Carabao cup is looking like our only genuine chance of silverware unless we perform miracles in the Europa.

Lick our wounds and get ready for City.

Oh and by the way, Winks was shit. Apart from those two well done everyone, you gave everything.

Ah well, bitterly disappointed,scoring 4 goals away and still losing,individual errors cost us dearly,winks don’t want to single the lad out but he is not good enough,not looking forward to city on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Borodin said:

Proper cup tie and a great game for the neutrals.

If I was Jose I wouldn't let Alli on the pitch again. No sense of urgency or willingness to try and impress. He was an embarrassment to his team mates.

Poch is welcome to him. The Carabao cup is looking like our only genuine chance of silverware unless we perform miracles in the Europa.

Lick our wounds and get ready for City.

Totally agree - Dele is like a broken pencil .... pointless. Obviously this loss is not down to him (terrible individual mistakes) but he added nothing when he came on, except an embarrassing dive

Closing post for me on this thread tonight,

I saw a few things tonight but until two happened I remained buoyant and positive about the eventual outcome. I witnessed the best and worst of Lloris, he pulled off some good saves but their equaliser was inexcusable. Rio Ferdinand described him as putting up a 'powder puff' hand and that just about summed it perfectly.

The first downer was watching Dele Alli desperately trying to win a penalty by diving. I was hoping to see him vibrant and impressive, someone trying to show the manager he deserved another chance. Instead I saw a lethargic and unimpressive performance from someone who obviously no longer wishes to be part of this club. It was reported that he and Jose had heart to heart talks earlier, well all I can say is someone lied during that discussion and I don't think it was JM otherwise Dele would not have been on the pitch. Let him go as soon as possible and no more chances.

Second blow was seeing Harry Winks come on with his usual brand of negativity that was like an ice bucket to the rest of the team (Alli excluded). I sat in horror in extra time as the ball came out to him on the edge of the penalty area and instead of controlling it, he hit it first time and almost lifted the corner flag out of the ground.

All in all a full blooded cup tie but once again we failed to deliver the killer blow after an early goal. They drew lever and grew stronger. Going in 3-2 I was convinced we had this won but didn't reckon on seeing a totally deflated and uninterested Alli together with another drab showing from Mr Winks.

Disappointed but proud of the others who gave their all for the cause.

Night everybody, I'll cheer myself up by posting the next Match Thread :16::9:

7 hours ago, Borodin said:

Closing post for me on this thread tonight,

I saw a few things tonight but until two happened I remained buoyant and positive about the eventual outcome. I witnessed the best and worst of Lloris, he pulled off some good saves but their equaliser was inexcusable. Rio Ferdinand described him as putting up a 'powder puff' hand and that just about summed it perfectly.

The first downer was watching Dele Alli desperately trying to win a penalty by diving. I was hoping to see him vibrant and impressive, someone trying to show the manager he deserved another chance. Instead I saw a lethargic and unimpressive performance from someone who obviously no longer wishes to be part of this club. It was reported that he and Jose had heart to heart talks earlier, well all I can say is someone lied during that discussion and I don't think it was JM otherwise Dele would not have been on the pitch. Let him go as soon as possible and no more chances.

Second blow was seeing Harry Winks come on with his usual brand of negativity that was like an ice bucket to the rest of the team (Alli excluded). I sat in horror in extra time as the ball came out to him on the edge of the penalty area and instead of controlling it, he hit it first time and almost lifted the corner flag out of the ground.

All in all a full blooded cup tie but once again we failed to deliver the killer blow after an early goal. They drew lever and grew stronger. Going in 3-2 I was convinced we had this won but didn't reckon on seeing a totally deflated and uninterested Alli together with another drab showing from Mr Winks.

Disappointed but proud of the others who gave their all for the cause.

Night everybody, I'll cheer myself up by posting the next Match Thread :16::9:

Next match is City so I don’t see that cheering any of us up

Bad news that we’re out, but some positives:

- attacking play, something like 30 shots and we actually looked ok at corners for the first time in years 
- no injuries (as far as I know)
- match fitness gains for some players who’ve been out a bit 
- one cup final in the bag anyway, still in EL and (just about) Champs league hunt
- no FA Cup fixture congestion 
- we now have proof Winks is a bit shit and Dele needs to go

4 minutes ago, Alonso said:

How is it that I can’t post emojis and you can??

I have no idea, can you see the emoji icon after the bold, italic and underline options ?

Maybe it's just yet another glitch with this server problem. Was hoping it would have been sorted by now.

Any news please  @Hastingsyid

3 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

- we now have proof Winks is a bit shit and Dele needs to go

Apart from your inclusion of the word 'bit'....Amen to that.

56 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I have no idea, can you see the emoji icon after the bold, italic and underline options ?

Maybe it's just yet another glitch with this server problem. Was hoping it would have been sorted by now.

Any news please  @Hastingsyid

Testing one two :28:

success.  I was using my phone’s emoji which it wouldn’t allow 

One can only assume that José's chat with Dele consisted of him looking for assurances from the player regarding his performance levels and commitment to the cause. His selection last night would indicate that the player had given that promise.

His performance last night showed he lied. With Alli and Winks on the pitch the intensity of our play decreased dramatically and no amount of effort by the others could rebalance that loss.

Both players disappointed but considering the circumstances of Alli's selection he was without doubt the worst offender. Not even the most ardent of his fans could justify his virtually immediate yellow card upon coming on. A stupid attempt to win an unjustified penalty and redeem himself with the manager failed catastrophically.

It was Alli at his petulant best and after that incident he faded away and with Winks alongside him so did our chances.

Lloris is becoming uncomfortably unreliable more often and with Hart as our number 2 it's a worrying problem.

Mourinho will be reluctant to adopt such a 'gung ho' approach in the future and who can blame him. Such a cavalier approach is entertaining but also extremely risky.

I know we lost, but tonight's game was how football should be played.

Both sides playing for the win - both sides making chances and scoring and missing from them. That result could have gone either way a tonight it happened to be Everton. 

COYS 

Same as yourself James ,,,we lost but Jose can take a lot of positives out the match ,,and big thanks to Jose for the positive team selection and playing them in such a manner ,,,as we know mistakes cost us not Jose ...now he needs to find the blend for the city match 

5 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I know we lost, but tonight's game was how football should be played.

Both sides playing for the win - both sides making chances and scoring and missing from them. That result could have gone either way a tonight it happened to be Everton. 

COYS 

The purists will tell you it was simply a slugging contest with both teams  concentrating solely on the offensive side of the game. 

The neutrals will tell you what a wonderful advert for FA Cup football it was and the supporters will say how proud they were of their teams.

It was rollercoaster Roy Of The Rovers stuff but a game we lost control of. The pendulum swung their way with our substitutions who failed to tune into the pace and passion of the match. I've already voiced my opinions on Alli and Winks but I was also concerned at Lloris and his weakness for three of the goals, especially the equaliser and winner.

Seems to have caught Hart's vulnerability for shots to his left hand side. It's worrying....

3 hours ago, Borodin said:

The purists will tell you it was simply a slugging contest with both teams  concentrating solely on the offensive side of the game. 

The neutrals will tell you what a wonderful advert for FA Cup football it was and the supporters will say how proud they were of their teams.

It was rollercoaster Roy Of The Rovers stuff but a game we lost control of. The pendulum swung their way with our substitutions who failed to tune into the pace and passion of the match. I've already voiced my opinions on Alli and Winks but I was also concerned at Lloris and his weakness for three of the goals, especially the equaliser and winner.

Seems to have caught Hart's vulnerability for shots to his left hand side. It's worrying....

A bit ironic that Jose played Hugo over Hart because he undoubtedly felt it it was needed.  In the end Hugo gives up 3 questionable goals that Hart may have saved.  We will never know but i agree our keeper situation is worrying. I always felt Gazzaniga was going to develop into a top keeper and was certainly better than Hart and capable of challenging Hugo.