Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

No Break Clause In Jose's Contract

When Tottenham made Jose Mourinho their manager in the 2019/2020 season, we all knew it was a huge gamble.

The Special One has won trophies at every team he has managed, but he also has a history of falling out with the board easier than most managers.

There are some Spurs fans that would love to see the back of him, but it appears that they will have to put up with him for a while longer because of how much it will cost to fire him.

After leading Spurs to the Europa League last season, his team is now struggling in this campaign.

They had been top of the Premier League table before now, but their loss to Manchester City has left them several points behind in the race for the top four.

It is normal in these circumstances for talks of firing him to start making the rounds, but Spurs aren’t thinking about that yet, according to The Athletic.

The report says the former Chelsea and Inter Milan boss has a deal until 2023 at the Tottenham Stadium.

Even more importantly, he has no break clause in his current contract which means that Tottenham will hand him a significant payout if they fire him.

He makes £15million per year in London and he would be due a huge financial package if the Lilywhites pull the trigger on him.

LInk : https://theboyhotspur.com/the-mourinho-out-crowd-will-not-be-pleased-with-the-latest-revelation-about-his-contract/

So his deal is until the Summer of 2023 and with no break clause it would cost the club over £30m to dump him now. For an astute businessman I find it difficult to believe that Levy would have agreed to such terms and conditions, especially with Jose's track history of staying with clubs.

2 hours ago, Borodin said:

When Tottenham made Jose Mourinho their manager in the 2019/2020 season, we all knew it was a huge gamble.

The Special One has won trophies at every team he has managed, but he also has a history of falling out with the board easier than most managers.

There are some Spurs fans that would love to see the back of him, but it appears that they will have to put up with him for a while longer because of how much it will cost to fire him.

After leading Spurs to the Europa League last season, his team is now struggling in this campaign.

They had been top of the Premier League table before now, but their loss to Manchester City has left them several points behind in the race for the top four.

It is normal in these circumstances for talks of firing him to start making the rounds, but Spurs aren’t thinking about that yet, according to The Athletic.

The report says the former Chelsea and Inter Milan boss has a deal until 2023 at the Tottenham Stadium.

Even more importantly, he has no break clause in his current contract which means that Tottenham will hand him a significant payout if they fire him.

He makes £15million per year in London and he would be due a huge financial package if the Lilywhites pull the trigger on him.

LInk : https://theboyhotspur.com/the-mourinho-out-crowd-will-not-be-pleased-with-the-latest-revelation-about-his-contract/

So his deal is until the Summer of 2023 and with no break clause it would cost the club over £30m to dump him now. For an astute businessman I find it difficult to believe that Levy would have agreed to such terms and conditions, especially with Jose's track history of staying with clubs.

Oh my God!   A 30£ pay day for failing? It is mind boggling. 

It has generally been considered that DL was a top negotiator, if anything too tough. If he has allowed this, then JM has made a monkey out of him. 

The whole system with managers is barmy. Rewarding failure makes no sense at all to me. I shall be on my prayer mat day and night that he wins the EC and gets us into the CL.

If this season fizzles out into a real disaster that will be a massive lose, lose disaster. We could lose the cream of the crop from the squad, find us struggling for years to get back to being a top 4 club and, either stuck with JM or handing him with a £30M golden handshake and unlikely to be able to replace him with a top class manager. 

I suppose, compared to this wretched pandemic, it is small fry. However to Spurs fans it could be a calamity. 

COYS 

I am going to file this one under "someone looking for a story" column.  The chances of Levy leaving the potential for money being left on the table is very very slim. Not to mention the lawyers would have caught it as well.

23 minutes ago, Alonso said:

I am going to file this one under "someone looking for a story" column.  The chances of Levy leaving the potential for money being left on the table is very very slim. Not to mention the lawyers would have caught it as well.

Just remember that Abromovich is no mug and yet getting rid of Conte cost him a total of £26m. There may be other compensatory clauses as well like he has to win a trophy each season or keep us in top four.

I'm not sure that firing Mourinho is the right thing to do. If he has a parachute of 30 million, plus the next man would also need to be paid, it's surely going to reduce our summer transfer budget. Can a new manager win with the cupboard so bare in the back? Doubtful.

It may be the best thing to invest in the team this summer and see if Mourinho can turn things around without having to play Davies, Sanchez, and the rest of the comedy/horror show in the back.

If I have to choose between the two I'd choose investing in the team and if the results are not promising through October then show him the door.