Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

"Dont Blame Me" says Mourinho

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho says his side "have problems I cannot resolve myself" but does not believe Spurs are in crisis after losing at West Ham - their fifth defeat in six league games.

This link is well worth a read :

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56148274

Now we have a post match interview with mysterious suggestions of situations that are beyond the manager's control. The guy really is a master at deflecting responsibility and his definition of a crisis differs greatly to mine.

Saying that the situation is beyond his control along with saying that he and his coaching staff are second to nobody, can only imply he his blaming the players. Many of his players are internationals with  some being world class. Many he was involved in bringing to the club. Just what is this patronising twerp saying? 

I have said on here to get behind him as winning the EC was an absolute necessity. Today I have changed my mind. Having admitted he cannot get the club back to winning ways, there is absolutely no need fir him to stay for one more day. 

DL should sack the snivelling has been immediately and get Harry Redknapp and Ledley king in to see the season out. At least those 2 have man management skills and give us a chance to save a season that is plunging towards disaster. 

Perhaps the Mourinho lovers would like to reply to this post and explain to us exactly what Mourhino is implying and exactly how he will get us out of the mess we find ourselves under his leadership. 

COYS 

Strange irony to see people in here saying "It's all the manager's fault and nothing to do with the players" and then the manager talks to the media and virtually says "It's all the player's fault and nothing I can control"

Wouldn't it be a refreshing change if Daniel or Jose had the balls to say "There are obviously problems at the club which I am aware of and I will try to resolve all the ones that are within my power to change. Should I not succeed then maybe, at the end of the season, I will need to reappraise my situation." :16:

Mourinho's response is EXACTLY why he won't succeed.  How can you be so cocky and sure of yourself to not entertain the idea that Spurs issues have NOTHING to do with you.  It's madness. Contrast that to Poch he constantly admitted that he and his staff need to find solutions to the teams performances.  Night and day in their views.

A psychiatrists dream study   

Been giving this some thought and the only thing I can come up with is players contracts.

We know Son is currently negotiating his so is anyone else in the same situation ?

Undoubtedly it's Levy and the board who decide future salaries, bonuses etc and I would imagine  Jose would have no input on this. If I'm right then this is the manager saying that the chairman is behind the problems he has no control over. This would indicate that the working relationship between Mourinho and Daniel has seriously deteriorated.

It's only a theory on my part but it's something worth considering.

This is my consideration.

If that is part of the problem, I can't accept it as an excuse. That implies to me he is putting blame on the players being disgruntled they are not being paid their perceived worth. I don't recall Poch or any other manager using that as an excuse. 

For me this squad is more than capable of being up there competing for top 4 (City deserve top spot). I am unlikely to change my opinion that managers are the ones that lead a team to success. If we had had a string of injuries plus several poor decisions that were the predominant reasons for being 9th, I can accept that. If it is the players on the pitch with mistakes and poor performances, that is the managers job to sort.  the players can only do so much talking among themselves looking for a solution. This manager has not found away to it. End of story.

That is just the way I see it and have not read any posts on here that has convinced me to change my mind.

For as much as I hate Manchester United and greatly disliked Alex Ferguson I had tremendous respect for his abilities to create such succesful teams over such a length of time. I try to imagine Sir Alex appearing in an interview and telling the media that Old Trafford had problems which he could not resolve. I try, but it's impossible. That was his great secret, he kept everything behind closed doors and only gave the press what he wanted them to know, which was usually very little. If any reporter asked 'awkward' questions about a player he would deflect it away or give him the 'hair drier' look.

Unfortunately we have a once great manager who, in a desperate effort to deny to the World his methods are now outdated and failing, suggests dark secrets at Spurs and problems at a much higher level than he can sort out. To say to the press that your coaching methods are second to no-one, whilst there are 8 teams above yours in the league, illustrates perfectly the insidious manner in which he tries to avoid any blame or responsibility for the team's situation.

I assume we will have a comfortable win tonight but if Burnley manage a draw Sunday then that's just 4pts from our last 5 games. (I gloomily predicted we'd get 7pts). I really do struggle to see him surviving until the Cup Final now.

26 minutes ago, Borodin said:

For as much as I hate Manchester United and greatly disliked Alex Ferguson I had tremendous respect for his abilities to create such succesful teams over such a length of time. I try to imagine Sir Alex appearing in an interview and telling the media that Old Trafford had problems which he could not resolve. I try, but it's impossible. That was his great secret, he kept everything behind closed doors and only gave the press what he wanted them to know, which was usually very little. If any reporter asked 'awkward' questions about a player he would deflect it away or give him the 'hair drier' look.

Unfortunately we have a once great manager who, in a desperate effort to deny to the World his methods are now outdated and failing, suggests dark secrets at Spurs and problems at a much higher level than he can sort out. To say to the press that your coaching methods are second to no-one, whilst there are 8 teams above yours in the league, illustrates perfectly the insidious manner in which he tries to avoid any blame or responsibility for the team's situation.

I assume we will have a comfortable win tonight but if Burnley manage a draw Sunday then that's just 4pts from our last 5 games. (I gloomily predicted we'd get 7pts). I really do struggle to see him surviving until the Cup Final now.

Great Post Borodin! 

I also disliked Fergy massively growing up in a Man Utd dominating league... But I too also had massive respect for his talents as a manager... Especially the ability to man manage and get the best out of some of histories best individuals. In the short time since Fergys departure, football has changed massively... something I think he saw a couple years leading to his retirement. Smart ol Fergy knew when to call it a day! 

COYS

42 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Spot on imho.

It is hard to think of an argument that supports he can find a way to salvage this season. It is hard to have confidence in him, when he himself has admitted he can't do it. That is the height of negativity just when what is needed is positivity and a plan.

Unless and until he can admit to himself to getting things wrong when they go pear shape instead of always putting the blame elsewhere, I just can't see him returning to being a top class manager. I will always struggle to like him, but I am happy to put up with him if he repeats his previous successes. 

If he goes in the next couple of weeks, it doesn't automatically mean our season will get back on track. However, we have a half decent squad and the replacement manager at least will have a chance to reach the the CL and possibly save an exodus of top players.  That's my hope anyway.

COYS

Jose Mourinho: Tottenham boss says pressure to keep his job 'like oxygen' to him

This is what does my head with the guy. It's all about him and how good he is. Why doesn't he just sit back in the shadows and let his players do the talking for him ?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56214761

Very sad.

With him, I compare it to having a drug addiction. He needs to constantly hear praise about himself. When it is adverse, he has to boast or promote himself. 

I have met people like that over the years. The odd thing is, they just can't see the absurdity of their behaviour. Their conceitedness is unbelievable. 

COYS 

Chaps and ladies ,,,his constant of wanting praise for how good he is as coach ,,is because,He Was A Shite plAyer ,,,,let’s face it he was the interpreter for sir bobby robson in Holland ,,not a coach of football,,,,he learnt of him ,,,now Jose is very clever ,,but he is short on confidence really ,,,,small dick problem