Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Jamesinashby

Mourhino to go?

I have just read a comment by Mourinho that has said he will be remembered at Tottenham 'for the good reasons and not the bad reasons' once his time at the club is over. 

That implies to me he has been given his marching orders. 

COYS 

41 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I have just read a comment by Mourinho that has said he will be remembered at Tottenham 'for the good reasons and not the bad reasons' once his time at the club is over. 

COYS 

That tells me he has been given until the CC Final.

6 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS 

Here's the link :

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56172230

"I want to know which coach has always had blue sky and never cloudy or a bit dark," Mourinho said on Tuesday. "Perhaps only a coach who is always at a dominant club in a league. It shows how beautiful my career has been.

(Emphasis on the 'has been' I think, because that is exactly what he is now....:9:)

This is a very hot topic atm...after the Brighton match, I wanted him out... but then also left confused after the Everton, Westham and wolfsberg games. After some time to analyse and think, these are my thoughts...

We can clearly be an attacking threat, we have arguably the worlds best winger and striker with a few world class players in-between. We are a very strong counter attacking team. And up until we lost to Liverpool 2-1 earlier in the season we was a very hard team to score against... But, I think the players that id now consider not good enough for this club need to be replaced with better/younger/experienced talents. We concede too many goals from errors, set pieces and lack of defensive shape/ communication. This needs to be addressed first in my opinion.

I don't want Jose being  because it will be like taking another step back and I personally believe that Jose is able to implement a style of football that is attacking that also covers us defensively too... But I believe JM is a few players short for this to work properly in both departments. It always seems one or the either... ultra attack or ultra defend. 

I agree with James and its clear to see that we actually haven't made any progress at all in the premier league since Pochs departure which would ultimately justify JMs sacking and its wouldn't surprise me either, but how much better off would we be with a mid-season change ?? Id at least give him till the end of this season to attempt to turn this around but anything short of 6th and a Trophy then I imagine Jm will be asked to leave. If we dont achieve these more than realistic goals and JM manages to keep his job then I just pray he gets busy in the summer with transfers...

This may be an unpopular opinion amongst the forum but I honestly still have faith in Jose. 

COYS

2 minutes ago, LiamCOYS said:

This is a very hot topic atm...after the Brighton match, I wanted him out... but then also left confused after the Everton, Westham and wolfsberg games. After some time to analyse and think, these are my thoughts...

We can clearly be an attacking threat, we have arguably the worlds best winger and striker with a few world class players in-between. We are a very strong counter attacking team. And up until we lost to Liverpool 2-1 earlier in the season we was a very hard team to score against... But, I think the players that id now consider not good enough for this club need to be replaced with better/younger/experienced talents. We concede too many goals from errors, set pieces and lack of defensive shape/ communication. This needs to be addressed first in my opinion.

I don't want Jose being  because it will be like taking another step back and I personally believe that Jose is able to implement a style of football that is attacking that also covers us defensively too... But I believe JM is a few players short for this to work properly in both departments. It always seems one or the either... ultra attack or ultra defend. 

I agree with James and its clear to see that we actually haven't made any progress at all in the premier league since Pochs departure which would ultimately justify JMs sacking and its wouldn't surprise me either, but how much better off would we be with a mid-season change ?? Id at least give him till the end of this season to attempt to turn this around but anything short of 6th and a Trophy then I imagine Jm will be asked to leave. If we dont achieve these more than realistic goals and JM manages to keep his job then I just pray he gets busy in the summer with transfers...

This may be an unpopular opinion amongst the forum but I honestly still have faith in Jose. 

COYS

There is a lot of sense in what you write.

But - (there is always a but with me as you know). But, if he stays to the end of the season and we are not in Europe,  imo it is unlikely he will still have his world class players. Also, replacing them with players as good as the ones leaving I think will be impossible. If my scenario is right, he will be be stuck with a squad well below the standard of the one he has. For me this begs the question, 'If he can't get this squad competing for top 4,  why should I trust him to do it with a less talented squad.

You may well be right, and if he stays, I hope and pray you are and it happens. However, Being old and having witnessed life for 81 years, I have had to live with too many false dawns so now I am an old fart who has become ultra cautious.

COYS

2 minutes ago, LiamCOYS said:

I always view it that decisions and actions taken by a person can be "popular" or "unpopular". Opinions are either disagreed or agreed with and everyone in a forum has the right to express one on whatever subject they choose. These opinions can then be challenged by other members using sensible and polite debate. That is what this place should be all about, enjoying having discussions with other members and not simply receiving foul language or insults as a response to a post.

I admire your faith in Jose but sadly cannot share it any more. The guy lost me when he started with washing our dirty laundry in public and suggesting he has no control over internal affairs that are affecting our performances. There's always a reference about his past glories in his interviews as if he is trying to grimly hold on to his reputation as a top manager. I think he's past his sell by date and Levy nabbed him when his career was starting to decline in the hope he could perhaps bring us some silverware.

I therefore have to disagree with your opinion but in a strange way hope your faith is rewarded and Jose proves me wrong at the end of the season :16:

2 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I always view it that decisions and actions taken by a person can be "popular" or "unpopular". Opinions are either disagreed or agreed with and everyone in a forum has the right to express one on whatever subject they choose. These opinions can then be challenged by other members using sensible and polite debate. That is what this place should be all about, enjoying having discussions with other members and not simply receiving foul language or insults as a response to a post.

I admire your faith in Jose but sadly cannot share it any more. The guy lost me when he started with washing our dirty laundry in public and suggesting he has no control over internal affairs that are affecting our performances. There's always a reference about his past glories in his interviews as if he is trying to grimly hold on to his reputation as a top manager. I think he's past his sell by date and Levy nabbed him when his career was starting to decline in the hope he could perhaps bring us some silverware.

I therefore have to disagree with your opinion but in a strange way hope your faith is rewarded and Jose proves me wrong at the end of the season :16:

I respect and understand your views Borodin! Like I said.. if he was to be sacked I would completely understand his dismissal. Perhaps its the cup final that will be the real game that determines JMs future with the club.. Like you say it seems Levy brought him in an desperate attempt to win a trophy no matter what else happens... because on a normal day JM would have been sacked after losing to Everton in the FA cup ... or maybe even before that!

Definitely one of the weirder and harder to understand transitions we've had at the club and perhaps I just dont want to see a legend like JM who has taken lesser talented teams to the CL trophys and titles with tactics that seemed unusual for their time to burn out at a club thats capable of making historic success. :16:

COYS

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

There's a rumour going around the internet that Levy is pushing Jose to apply for the Celtic vacancy. I know this to be true because I started it !! :7:

You know Tonto has no time for journos. I'm gullible enough to believe you, but he will probably take more convincing. 

COYS 

On 2/25/2021 at 4:22 PM, Borodin said:

There's a rumour going around the internet that Levy is pushing Jose to apply for the Celtic vacancy. I know this to be true because I started it !! :7:

Ally mcoist has applied