Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Mourinho Latest Quotes :

Mourinho was asked if the Europa League represented our best route back into the Champions League...

Jose: “I don't think about it, I just think about trying to win tomorrow, Sunday, the next match in Europa League, the next match Premier League. That's the way it has to be done. That's the way I want the players to feel, we're not going to throw away any competition. If we're knocked out in Europa League, it's not because we didn't go strong, it's because the opponents was better than us. And if we don't finish in the top four of the Premier League, it's because other clubs did better than us and they had more points. But we're going to go strong.”

In a  pre-match press conference, a Croatian journalist suggested that Dinamo Zagreb were underdogs in the tie...

Jose: “I don't think at this level we can speak about underdogs. A team to be in a fight for the last eight is of course a good team, so the underdog story doesn't fit in with how I think of knockout football. So, for me, no underdogs. A very good team, they defend a lot and well, they are good in counter-attack, they have technical quality, they have physicality. They play in Europe every year, they played in the Champions League recently, they have international players from different countries. It is a big step up in relation to the previous challenges we had before. The teams we have played before are in a completely different level to Dinamo. It is a difficult tie for us.”

Latest concerning what team to expect :

“Apart from Gio, Joe Rodon the only player not selected because he is not in the UEFA list. Everybody is selected and everybody is fit. Am I going to repeat the same team that played against Crystal Palace? No, I'm going to make a few changes. The team is working very well, everybody is training hard, everybody is pushing to play, so, for me, it doesn't matter who is playing as our team is going to be strong."

Reading all that I would say the dressing room spirit is good and confidence is high. He has the squad working as a unit and everyone pushing to get into the team. That creates healthy competition for places and a positive environment for performance levels. I'm hoping for a good win tonight and a stuffing for the Gunners on Sunday :16:

Didn’t watch game but have read several reports and Jenas article. 

we see the season out and see if he can ponce the League cup and then say goodbye. Even if we do I fear Kane will have made his mind up to leave in the summer. 

That was a must win game game so to be set up so negative against Arsenal seems to be a huge mistake. I don’t understand what possession training they might do under Jose but clearly it’s not working!

9 hours ago, Dazza1976 said:

Didn’t watch game but have read several reports and Jenas article. 

we see the season out and see if he can ponce the League cup and then say goodbye. Even if we do I fear Kane will have made his mind up to leave in the summer. 

That was a must win game game so to be set up so negative against Arsenal seems to be a huge mistake. I don’t understand what possession training they might do under Jose but clearly it’s not working!

I'm not sure we actually 'set up' to be negative. We certainly weren't in the second half and I think our negativity in the first half was mostly down to the system the Arse adopted.

It certainly seemed we were pushed back to our own half - I put it down to not pressing them quickly enough when they got the ball. 

JM has said he never told them to go defensive in a previous game. That said, I watch on TV with no crowd sound and they coaches are constantly screaming at the players.  It is an enigma to me as to why we stay deep in our own half leaving the opposition space and time to stroll into our half. 

COYS