Spurs Web
Borodin

EPL Dinamo Zagreb Vs SPURS 18th March 17:55 K.O.

After today's result, I am nervous. Is JM going to sit back and defend a 2 goal lead or go for the away goal early on and put the game beyond them? 

I have no faith in how the team will play as over this season they have let themselves down with abject displays too often. With the squad we have, there is no excuse for all the poor games we fans have had to suffer

All I will say is I hope we get through and don't draw Woolwich in the next round. 

COYS 

In quarters the european organizers always draw clubs from the same countries, in order to have in semi 4 clubs from different countries. Nothing is random in draws. 

1 hour ago, Mihai said:

In quarters the european organizers always draw clubs from the same countries, in order to have in semi 4 clubs from different countries. Nothing is random in draws. 

Somebody slipped up then in 2019 because the semi finals were Valencia Vs Arsenal and Frankfurt Vs Chelsea :16:

Qtrs were Arsenal Vs Napoli   Slavia Praha Vs Chelsea  Villareal Vs Valencia and Frankfurt Vs Benfica

22 hours ago, Borodin said:

Somebody slipped up then in 2019 because the semi finals were Valencia Vs Arsenal and Frankfurt Vs Chelsea :16:

Qtrs were Arsenal Vs Napoli   Slavia Praha Vs Chelsea  Villareal Vs Valencia and Frankfurt Vs Benfica

Sometimes the rule is broken for keeping believers spirit alive. :)) When corruption in FIFA was discovered, first thing they said is that all the UEFA draws are fake. Maybe after that they were starting to avoid establishing everything, just 2-3 games fixed draw and the other ones are random. :) 

On 3/14/2021 at 7:41 PM, Borodin said:

I'll predict a 1-1 draw and a comfortable passage into the quarter finals.

I agree. Also because the ground quote for Zagreb went down from 8 to 3.5. That’s fishy!? You know me, I believe that the football associations across the world are corrupted. So against all expectations, I go for a higher draw. Similar to the LASK task and it will be anything but easy!

2:2

3:3 

for me

With Lammy and Sonny out ruled I also fear a defeat or draw against Villa, because of the double burden. Lets hope Im wrong.

But usually its not over till the fat lady sings, so...

COYS

14 hours ago, Mihai said:

Sometimes the rule is broken for keeping believers spirit alive. :)) When corruption in FIFA was discovered, first thing they said is that all the UEFA draws are fake. Maybe after that they were starting to avoid establishing everything, just 2-3 games fixed draw and the other ones are random. :) 

If this carries any truth, can you explain exactly how they do it? 

It is done on TV, they have ex professional players picking the balls out who would have to be aware of any corruption, the hand goes through a cloth so the balls can't be seen, they stir the balls around before selecting one, and the number is not revealed until unscrewed.

I also don't believe refs can fix a final score. People bet on the actual score - there is no way any ref can manipulate a game to arrive at a fixed score as players either score or miss during a game. Even if the ref gives a penalty, an incident has to occur to award or deny a penalty. Then there is no guarantee a goal will be scored, also, the VAR ref has to be in on the act. 

So to convince me it is possible to fix a match, can you describe in detail how it is done and list exactly how many players and match officials are involved. 

Just curious about why some think it is possible to fix a game without it being clearly noticed. 

COYS 

7 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

It is done on TV, they have ex professional players picking the balls out who would have to be aware of any corruption, the hand goes through a cloth so the balls can't be seen, they stir the balls around before selecting one, and the number is not revealed until unscrewed.

I also don't believe refs can fix a final score. People bet on the actual score - there is no way any ref can manipulate a game to arrive at a fixed score as players either score or miss during a game. Even if the ref gives a penalty, an incident has to occur to award or deny a penalty. Then there is no guarantee a goal will be scored, also, the VAR ref has to be in on the act. 

So to convince me it is possible to fix a match, can you describe in detail how it is done and list exactly how many players and match officials are involved. 

Just curious about why some think it is possible to fix a game without it being clearly noticed. 

COYS 

It seems unlikely that a match could be fixed with any degree of certainty, although it has happened in the past. You can also look at Sanchez and Dier :7:.

I guess the best person to 'fix' a result would be a goalkeeper.

A cup draw is far more 'fixable' I suppose. The balls for certain teams could be warmer or colder than others, or even have a very slightly different feel to them.  I'm not saying it happens (probably doesn't), but it is definitely feasible.

4 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

It seems unlikely that a match could be fixed with any degree of certainty, although it has happened in the past. You can also look at Sanchez and Dier :7:.

I guess the best person to 'fix' a result would be a goalkeeper.

A cup draw is far more 'fixable' I suppose. The balls for certain teams could be warmer or colder than others, or even have a very slightly different feel to them.  I'm not saying it happens (probably doesn't), but it is definitely feasible.

That bugger Lloris - that explains some of his blunders. :10:

I have never trusted those Frogs!! 

COYS 

On 3/16/2021 at 12:08 AM, Borodin said:

Breaking News....Dinamo Boss sent to prison...:22:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56409618

That should affect their morale a bit.:7:

Nothing new. You better listen to your mate, Spurfect. He is faster than his shadow. Especially faster than the english press. I already told you ...

“But the new board was criticized, because in recent times they have started scouting foreign players to cash in on them. Best example Olmo who signed for Leipzig last year. Maybe a change in their concept, cause the former chairman was known for money laundry with young croatian talents. Especially in Spain and Italy. But that changed, now Mamic (former chairman) has been arrested.“ ;)

On 3/16/2021 at 11:50 AM, Jamesinashby said:

COYS 

Check the CL match, Sevilla vs Dortmund. Just an example. Cakir was the ref. The same who blew the whistle in our favor against Citeh in the CL. Or watch Juve vs Milan and the controversial handball from Bonucci and the resulting penalty given 5 minutes after the „incident“ happend! Wtf?

Check „the guardian“ who wrote two interesting articles about match fixing in february 2021. Don’t know how trustworthy they are, but the guardian states match fixing even increased during COVID19!

Check, I mean google match fixing in Spain. And add Ander Herrera.

Especially the articles about VAR are interesting. I always found it strange from which ankle they showed the onside/offside situations. You will find clubs who will tell you the same and describe the verification system anything but fair or exact. Here an example;

https://4wavegroup.com/digital-match-fixing-red-flag-mediapro-criticized-by-spanish-football-federation-rfef-for-handling-var-goal/

Next, VAR is used arbitrarily. When anything, it should be used in every controversial situation. Against Arsenal, we as consumers and the audience saw the replay on the tele. But Oliver not even tried to put his ass into it to watch the controversial penalty scene on the screen. Refs also can influence the game by only disturbing the game flow.

Referees so as players and sometimes both are involved. Even the staff and the board. Best example the 2:2 in the Sweden vs Denmark match that led to Italys exclusion from the World Cup. Not to forget Lampards goal against Germany in 2010. Or should I say no goal. I guess you all know which goal I mean! So tell me, wasn’t that match fixed? They even had co-referees next to the goal!!!

Match fixing started from day one, when the FIFA organized the first world cup in Uruguay. Oh wonder oh wonder, Uruguay has won the tournament. What a surprise!?

Btw check what people, players and managers say about Michael Oliver, Mike Dean and former referee Clattenburg according to match fixing. You will be surprised!

There is to much money in the game to stop corruption. I don’t want anybody to convince, but match fixing is a fact and thats a sad truth

17 minutes ago, Spurfect said:

Sorry for the big letters. I have lost my glasses

No worries my friend, I reduced the font size for everbody. :16: Very interesting read, thanks.

On 3/16/2021 at 4:36 PM, Jamesinashby said:

That bugger Lloris - that explains some of his blunders. :10:

I have never trusted those Frogs!! 

COYS 

No we know that the blunders is too much vino and he's probably been cuddling and handling some escargot before the match

Well I' need us to cruises tonight nice and confident 2-0 win please.

Had another crap week dealing with the NHS sending me round in circles and black holes trying to get my mum sorted which is very stressful especially when my tooth hanging out which is coming out next Friday.

Apparently lo celso could be back tonight and something that did make me chuckle is why does dier get picked for the England team it just shows how desperate we are doesn't it... Southgate I'll be making Winx the captain next