Spurs Web
Borodin

Carabao Cup Final SPURS Vs Man City 25/4/21 16:00 K.O.

It was going on when we came 2nd to Leicester. In the 2 games we played against them, their 2 centre backs were more like rugby players with their arms wrapped around our players dragging them all over the place. We drew I game 0 - 0 and lost one 1 - 0 and the law  was changed at the end of the season - too late to stop us being robbed of the title. 

COYS 

4 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

This is endemic in football and every club uses it.

Son faked a light tap in the face trying to get some one sent off. Harry Kane did it yesterday when replays showed he hadn't been caught. In every match you see players cheating with an over reaction. 

Pundits and commentators don't help by saying, "He's taken one for the club", and sometimes saying, "He had to do that as he was through on goal". 

The problem is not with the players, it is with the those who run the sport and make the rules. It started creeping in years ago and the authorities failed to bring in severe punishments to stop it. If they used post match bans followed by fines if clubs and players persisted, it would never have reached this stage. 

It is now part and partial of the game - both sides appealing and surrounding the ref. The is no other option for all the clubs getting the players to do it. The expenses involved in running a club these days is phenomenal. To allow other clubs to beat you by cheating is suicidal. 

If the authorities cannot come with a workable way of stopping it we are stuck with it and it will remain a part of a club's arsenal to avoid being cheated out of the result you deserve. 

I hate it as my generation was brought that sportsmanship counted more than winning. That said, the late Princ Phillip said, "Life deal's you a hand, so get on with it". So as much as it grieves me to say it, I agree with Audere. If you have to get a man sent off to win, as every club does it, we have to do the same. 

I used to to feel upset when our lads did it, I felt we were dropping down to their level. Now, I reluctantly have realised that if that is the way of the world, I have to accept it with the hope that EUFA, Fifa and the FA can find the courage and the way to stamp it out. 

COYS 

James that’s being going on since the 80’s it’s not new ,,,Brazil,,,Argentina,,Italy blah blah 

Ricky villa and Ossis ardiles used drop quicker than a whores draws mate please don’t look through the blinkers ,,,,Arnold murine,,,hoddle ,,,,Colin bell ,,,all liked playing the game it’s not new m8 

I thought son got caught proper in the eye ,,,son is 6 ft 1 not a small boy if old matey had cut his eye with his nails wow ,,running at speed and you get hit with a hockey stick is worse than someone hitting with a hockey when your waiting for it yes

Sunday was the seventh major trophy for Kyle Walker since leaving Spurs for City at the age of 27. Should be an 8th and possibly even a 9th still to follow still this season. Harry must be having similar thoughts.

7 hours ago, Borodin said:

Sunday was the seventh major trophy for Kyle Walker since leaving Spurs for City at the age of 27. Should be an 8th and possibly even a 9th still to follow still this season. Harry must be having similar thoughts.

Stirling upset Liverpool fans. But he is a like Walker, a man earning his living as a professional footballer. 

Whilst at a club it is a duty to do their best. If that club cannot provide trophies, I see nothing wrong in them wanting to win trophies, and if they are good enough to be assets with top clubs, I think they should be allowed to follow their dream. 

COYS 

I have just read in the The Spurs Web - Tottenham Hotspur News the following sentence. 'With serial winner, Jose Mourhino at the helm, it was possible, even probable, that Tottenham would end their 13 year wait for a trophy'.

Oh yeah! Do these guys actually follow Spurs results.

Some claimed he would win the European League and the FA Cup. Did he not notice we had already been knocked out of them? Did he not take into account we were playing City, possibly the best team in Europe? 

Some people's admiration of JM seems to have no boundaries. They simply are not prepared to accept that he is fallible and possibly no longer able to achieve the heights he reached with world class squads and is unable to succeed with an average squad.

It was also a tad insulting to young Ryan Mason who possibly, even probably (to quote his words) had the same chance to pull off the unlikely. It implies more than a portion of blame on him. 

Oh Well! As I am prone to say, 'Each to his own'. 

COYS