Spurs Web
Mihai

Mou sacked

3 hours ago, USSpurs said:

While I have never liked him and wanted him gone, the timing of this is beyond comprehension! Why would levy pull the trigger a week before a cup final?

We're going to get a "no manager bounce"

3 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

rumour is Jose refused to take training following Spurs joining the ESL, whether true or not I dont know 

Mourinho’s Tottenham exit not linked to European Super League plans

By The Athletic Staff

Tottenham Hotspur’s decision to sack Jose Mourinho is unrelated to the club joining the European Super League, The Athletic understands.

Spurs sacked Mourinho less than a week before the Carabao Cup final and the day after they announced the club is one of the ‘founding members’ of the European Super League.

But sources say the decision to sack Mourinho after just 17 months in charge is based solely on recent results, with the club sat seventh in the Premier League and with little chance of making the top four.

Is the decision related to the Super League?

No. Spurs sacked Mourinho only a day after announcing they were part of the 12 European clubs who had agreed to form a new Super League.

The other clubs are AC Milan, Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur.

But The Athletic understands the two explosive developments are not linked.

Just now, Borodin said:

Maybe the guy is loyal to Leicester, as I said before he's contracted to them until 2025.

Maybe pal,but the only loyalty in football now seems to be money unfortunately 

Well we thought it was on the cards but I thought they'd wait till the summer to decide.

I was an optimist when he came I thought you had the right attitude to turn the team around but unfortunately it didn't last and we went backwards especially defensively. Let's hope we can get a positive manager in with another attacking mentality but still wants to shore up the defensive side as well.

Nagelsmann is wanted by buying I think maybe give Scott Parker a chance is Tom pretty well with what he's had to work with with a lot of back in I think he could do well. Ryan Mason temporary is good maybe will bring in someone more experienced as well to work alongside him till the end of the season.

At least we may find out from the dressing room now if he put the the kibosh on the players and I didn't want to play for him anymore which seems to be the case really even Harry was dropping his head at times but I just hope it kicks them all up in the ass and we get rid of the Deadwood.

I'm not sure about this superleague business I mean I'm not being funny it's putting a scene with teams that we don't generally stand a chance against anyway we struggle enough against Burnley what we going to do in a Super League unless we spend money on the team?

This is greed pure and simple on ENIC part. Levy’s already planning how to spend his 300m windfall and it pays off a lot of his stadium debt. He’s sold the soul of Spurs to the devil imo 

Another tidbit from The Athletic:

The club were also unhappy with Mourinho's constant criticism of the players in public, and very conscious of how the fans had turned on him.

They knew that if the fans came back to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium they would make their feelings on Mourinho very clear. That scenario has now been avoided.

7 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Well we thought it was on the cards but I thought they'd wait till the summer to decide.

I was an optimist when he came I thought you had the right attitude to turn the team around but unfortunately it didn't last and we went backwards especially defensively. Let's hope we can get a positive manager in with another attacking mentality but still wants to shore up the defensive side as well.

Nagelsmann is wanted by buying I think maybe give Scott Parker a chance is Tom pretty well with what he's had to work with with a lot of back in I think he could do well. Ryan Mason temporary is good maybe will bring in someone more experienced as well to work alongside him till the end of the season.

At least we may find out from the dressing room now if he put the the kibosh on the players and I didn't want to play for him anymore which seems to be the case really even Harry was dropping his head at times but I just hope it kicks them all up in the ass and we get rid of the Deadwood.

I'm not sure about this superleague business I mean I'm not being funny it's putting a scene with teams that we don't generally stand a chance against anyway we struggle enough against Burnley what we going to do in a Super League unless we spend money on the team?

Harry's post on instagram wishing Jose well was just professional. His similar post about Poch was affectionate and he seemed to be sad about the change at the time.

Just watched Sky Sports and the reporter outside our ground said that Danny Rose had just emerged from the back of a van and said "What are you lot doing here ?'...then he burst out laughing and drove off.

14 minutes ago, KCspurs said:

Harry's post on instagram wishing Jose well was just professional. His similar post about Poch was affectionate and he seemed to be sad about the change at the time.

Yeah it could be a signal in that mate couldn't it's not like always the best mentor hes ever had probably.

I think the over thing Mourinho had over potch was a slightly more winning mentality as he had the experience unfortunately all the negatives without turning daily around and issues like that and playing winks dier and Sissoko, and dropping alderweireld, we had better players on the bench. His bad tactical changes and leaving it too late and sitting back just did not help him at all.

4 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Just watched Sky Sports and the reporter outside our ground said that Danny Rose had just emerged from the back of a van and said "What are you lot doing here ?'...then he burst out laughing and drove off.

Why was he in the back of a van is he doing the sweeping now.....

I'll get me coat:1579412966_emo1:

What a morning.  Mourinho for me is a negative egoistic prat that I NEVER wanted at Spurs.  He was the ultimate foil to Spurs, his football, his attitude and the manner he dealt with players, media at the very opposite end of what I expect from Tottenham Hotspur. 

That is my feeling, correct or not and I am glad to see him go.  What has really gone on behind the scenes we may never know but for me this decision is welcomed and if anything too late....

Now, moving forward my hope is simple.  Ryan or whomever takes the reigns interim or on a permanent basis, starts from scratch and gives all our players a clean slate including Danny Rose. Lord knows our defence has been a shambles and there have been many a time that I felt Danny could have helped us had he not been frozen out.  I understand he is outspoken and that may be his weakness, but he is not a downgrade on the pitch and surely one should play the best players on the pitch. 

Perhaps this will give us enough of a boost mentally as a group of players to raise themselves enough to win a Cup and maybe even claw our way up the table in the final six matches.  It should certainly give us an answer of whether or not myself and others were indeed correct that Jose was the biggest problem.

I called for Poch to go and regretted it the moment Mourinho was hired.  Nothing will make me regret seeing the back of Mourinho. 

2 hours ago, Borodin said:

Why in the World would a manager with such a massive ego not wish to be in charge of one of the top six Super League teams ? It just doesn't make sense. There is no way he would refuse to train the team and give Daniel an inexpensive escape route. This has been carefully orchestrated by Levy to deflect attention from the Super League announcement and give the team a fighting chance to beat City. Ryan Mason will act as caretaker now but I would not be surprised if the new manager was announced very soon and his name was Nagelsmann.

569ez8.jpg

Interesting point. Usually Levy never fire someone without having another solution agreed. We have to see who is he. :)

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Make that 300m to be £3 billion. That's what each founding member will get. 

I think you’re wrong. Chase is financing this to the tune of 6.4B dollars. 3b is to be shared among the 15 clubs with half the money available for player signings and SURPRISE SURPRISE the other half available for stadium improvements.....that’s probably what enticed our greedy chairman into joining this abomination  

2 hours ago, Borodin said:

Maybe the guy is loyal to Leicester, as I said before he's contracted to them until 2025. Personally I'd rather have Nagelsmann.

He knows how ruthless DL can be and probably wouldn't entertain coming.

Another way to look at it, with the top 6 clubs leaving, Leicester has every chance of cementing their place as a, top 4 team and winning the EPL. 

I can't see him leaving. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, USSpurs said:

I think you’re wrong. Chase is financing this to the tune of 6.4B dollars. 3b is to be shared among the 15 clubs with half the money available for player signings and SURPRISE SURPRISE the other half available for stadium improvements.....that’s probably what enticed our greedy chairman into joining this abomination  

I stand corrected...quite right. My apologies....

It seems this is being spearheaded by American owned English Teams and the two debt ridden Spanish Teams.

I do not understand the reasons for City and Chelsea to include themselves as they don't need money.  There has to be other reasons to include oneself in this threat to leave??

I can only conjure a guess but just like in F1's similar issues it has to be about power and money and the sharing of it......essentially this is a bargaining tool

Just now, Jamesinashby said:

Does anyone know who will be acting coach with Mourinho gone?

Someone has to pick the team and decide on the tactics. 

Please don't let it be DL. LOL

COYS 

21 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Does anyone know who will be acting coach with Mourinho gone?

Someone has to pick the team and decide on the tactics. 

COYS 

Ryan Mason and Chris Powell coming in mate I'm not sure if leadley might be alongside them to help as well