Jump to content
Spurs Web
Craig Truespur

Is Kane Staying ?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BlockFeet said:

Here’s another take on it...

Let’s assume we have to (or agree to) sell Kane to an English team this summer.

Well since ManC are so far ahead of us right now then you could argue that selling Kane to them is arguably better for us than selling to Chelsea, ManU or Liverpool who are closer realistic domestic rivals to us next season for top 4 and/or cups. 

I’d rather not sell at all, or sell abroad instead - but if it has to be a rival then I’d probably prefer that it’s City.

I feel dirty typing that. 

Good thinking. I never thought of it that way, but that is a brilliant idea. 

I hope Mr Levy is looking in for ideas to dig himself out of the hole he has dug for himself by trying to sneakily give our club away. He would do well to  consider this advice. 

I'm not sure City have the money DL wants, but a player plus cash would work as most of City's players are better than 90% of ours. 

COYS 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Good thinking. I never thought of it that way, but that is a brilliant idea. 

I hope Mr Levy is looking in for ideas to dig himself out of the hole he has dug for himself by trying to sneakily give our club away. He would do well to  consider this advice. 

I'm not sure City have the money DL wants, but a player plus cash would work as most of City's players are better than 90% of ours. 

COYS 

 

 

Yes there must be loads of ManC players who’d strengthen our 11, assuming we’ve lost Kane. Some of them might be up for a switch if they’re not getting much game time and/or have now won all the big prizes. 

I don’t know their full squad, but could we realistically consider Ake, Jesus or Mendy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I cannot see Levy doing business with Chelsea......I think people would burn that stadium down is he does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

Kane to Chelsea is a complete non-starter. Levy will not sanction that and Kane wouldn’t agree to it either. 

 

Phew...glad you've sorted that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:2074087892_yid1:I love the idea of City.  They re miles ahead now and Kane will just make it a bit further

Thats if we sell him.  I still don't want to but City is the ONLY domestic rival that I would sell too.  120M and an agreement that they do not knock us out of the FA Cup or Carabao Cup. Even better, a straight swap for De Bruyne :dd:

Take that Harry!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Alonso said:

:2074087892_yid1:I love the idea of City.  They re miles ahead now and Kane will just make it a bit further

Thats if we sell him.  I still don't want to but City is the ONLY domestic rival that I would sell too.  120M and an agreement that they do not knock us out of the FA Cup or Carabao Cup. Even better, a straight swap for De Bruyne :dd:

Take that Harry!!!!

Harry has already expressed his strong desire to play with De Bruyne who he believes could help him greatly increase his goal scoring average.

I agree though, of all the Premier club options going to City hurts us the least as they are already miles above us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Borodin said:

Harry has already expressed his strong desire to play with De Bruyne who he believes could help him greatly increase his goal scoring average.

I agree though, of all the Premier club options going to City hurts us the least as they are already miles above us.

Thats why a straight swap for De Bruyne....to stop it happening (tongue in cheek comment) and of course to get a absolute World class player in Lillywhite.

As I have stated previously, I am not convinced Kane wants to leave and IF Levy can get the right Manager and perhaps more importantly address the dressing rooms' character, Kane will want to stay.  In the Neville interview he mentions the mental strength of the group and it isn't flattering.  I do not blame him for wanting to play with similarly minded individuals.  Talent takes you so far, the great players have drive, determination, grit, strength and  NEVER quit.  The Roy Keane type player.  We have too many "soft" players.

Over to you Daniel.  I'm sure that Kane is truly talking about this when he talks of an honest conversation with Levy.  A move away from Spurs is plan B.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this story is true : https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-kane-approach-tottenham-24165040

Man City's Harry Kane transfer approach rejected by Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy

It means the ground has already been pre-laid for another bid. I would imagine this one came in January to show their interest in Kane was very real and it would also perhaps succeed in unsettling Harry and make him give thought about his future. All the signs seem to indicate that he's City bound. It's certainly the one move that would be the least disturbing for Spurs fans as opposed to Chelsea or Man Utd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Borodin said:

If this story is true : https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-kane-approach-tottenham-24165040

Man City's Harry Kane transfer approach rejected by Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy

It means the ground has already been pre-laid for another bid. I would imagine this one came in January to show their interest in Kane was very real and it would also perhaps succeed in unsettling Harry and make him give thought about his future. All the signs seem to indicate that he's City bound. It's certainly the one move that would be the least disturbing for Spurs fans as opposed to Chelsea or Man Utd.

It seems inevitable. 

My concern is what will Kane's reaction be if he desperately wanted the move and DL stops it. He is only human and controlling emotions that this situation will create will not be as simple as, 'That' s life, I will simply get over it and get on with life'. 

When you read many posts on here, they are often harshly written because of the depth of the emotion of the poster. They are normal human reactions. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2021 at 11:47 AM, Jamesinashby said:

It seems inevitable. 

My concern is what will Kane's reaction be if he desperately wanted the move and DL stops it. He is only human and controlling emotions that this situation will create will not be as simple as, 'That' s life, I will simply get over it and get on with life'. 

When you read many posts on here, they are often harshly written because of the depth of the emotion of the poster. They are normal human reactions. 

COYS 

Just because Levy rejected the first request doesn't mean he's not going to accept anything it's probably just his way of bumping up the price he knows he's going to get at least three or four big offers. 

You know it's like they probably offered 90 mil and he wants 150 a couple of players and some discount on bricks for his new hotel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been reading that Harry is willing to hand in a transfer request to move the process forward,,,,,derr he actually thought mr levy would pay up his contract cos he wants to leave coconut 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Just been reading that Harry is willing to hand in a transfer request to move the process forward,,,,,derr he actually thought mr levy would pay up his contract cos he wants to leave coconut 

Do you have a link to that story mate ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought of another way of looking at this if Harry doesn't want to wear a lily white shirt and good luck to him goodbye get as much money as possible and think about it all this bollocks before about no other striker wanted to come to us because they knew that Harry would be in front of them he definitely had a dodgy Claus and his contract that even if he was as I said 80% unfit still got to play.

The more of that I think of it I think it might kickstart us back into being great again.

Instead of two good strikers let's have four now.

Again I love sonny but if he wants to walk out like Kane good luck to him because he let us down when Kane wasn't on the pitch to be fair totally lost his confidence,  if kanes not there instead of drifting lifting his head up and hoping and wanting to play for us so let's hope he stays and matures if you can lead the Korean team he should be able to lead Spurs without Kane on the pitch. 

Another thing last night was the cuddling business with deli you've got to remember he has really been a Thorn in outside really for the last three or four seasons huffs and puffs plays one good game in ten reminds me of Jermaine jenas.

Again players like ndembele never put in 100-percent in really can go. There so lucky I'm not coming in as a manager they be a strict boot camp, kick boxing army training every new training technique when they win they can have a bit of fun until then work hard get your head down and up when needed and success will come

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Manchester City are ready to spend big on a couple of players of quality this summer, says chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak.

Man City flashing the cash but will the target be Haaland or Kane ??. Erling has youth on his side but Harry is an experienced and established Premier league striker who will virtually guarantee you 20+ goals a season. Pep has a tough choice but value wise Haaland can only go one way and that's up. If it were me I'd pick the Dortmund Dynamo. He's an unknown quantity in our league and could well get 30 goals before anyone figures out how to try and nullify him.

(Plus I want us to keep Harry) :thumb:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57324587

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love Harry to stay, but I think he has made up his mind to leave.

Top of Conte's demands was Harry staying and, for me, it raises suspicions why a seemly done deal fell apart. Even if DL said he would block Harry leaving, Conte wouldn't want to risk  very unhappy Harry. 

Just a thought that there has been a conversation between Harry and Conte. 

COYS 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

I would love Harry to stay, but I think he has made up his mind to leave.

Top of Conte's demands was Harry staying and, for me, it raises suspicions why a seemly done deal fell apart. Even if DL said he would block Harry leaving, Conte wouldn't want to risk  very unhappy Harry. 

Just a thought that there has been a conversation between Harry and Conte. 

COYS 

 

Things is James this has dragged on and on for nearly a week now. If I was Conte and had received a call from Levy and fully aware of his predicament the conversation would have gone like this.

"Here are a few of my requirements Daniel. I want a salary of £15m - £20m a year, I want you to check with Harry Kane and confirm he would stay at least one more season if I did come, I want to know that I will be given full control over all team matters and also how much money you are willing to stump up to finance the rebuild. Get back to me by Friday and I'll give you my decision on whether further talks are worthwhile or not before Monday. Ciao".

How difficult is that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kane might not have much of a choice if no club bids for him .

mr levy is not openly selling him ,,,so a bid needs to be made and the transfer request needs to be handed in .

mr levy is looking for a manager not selling Kane ,,I would have thought Kane’s situation is very much down his list ,,,,like I have mentioned levy is not phoning the other clubs to openly sell Kane ,,,,so it was Kane selling himself in an interview on a golf course 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

Would Kane be so unhappy if he had to stay another season under a new manager?

I think it totally depends on who that guy is. Look at Mourinho, everyone said Kanes goals would dry up with his defensive style but the exact opposite happened. What does concern me is that these constant disasters with would be managers continually seem to reflect a lack of ambition by Levy and the club for success in the foreseeable future. It's all about 'projects' and 'development of players'. Harry's seen all that before and doesn't have time to waste. I'm sorry but I firmly believe he's on his way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×