Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Danny Rose and Paulo Gazzaniga Leave Spurs

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12318202/danny-rose-defender-leaves-tottenham-after-14-years-with-club-along-with-goalkeeper-paulo-gazzaniga

Never really understood the Joe Hart / Gazzaniga decision but it's time Rose said goodbye. It's dragged on too long. I hope someone decides to give him a chance and the lad sorts himself out.

20 minutes ago, Borodin said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12318202/danny-rose-defender-leaves-tottenham-after-14-years-with-club-along-with-goalkeeper-paulo-gazzaniga

Never really understood the Joe Hart / Gazzaniga decision but it's time Rose said goodbye. It's dragged on too long. I hope someone decides to give him a chance and the lad sorts himself out.

I agree. 

Gazzaniga seemed to be developing nicely with his appearances in the minor cup games. I think most of us on here were reasonably comfortable with him as cover to Hugo if he was injured or banned. 

I think this was another DL/Manager decision which was not just a bad deal, it was crass and an insult to Gazzaniga. They should at least have helped him find another club to continue his career. 

As for Hart, why? He may have once been a top goalie, but he couldn't even hold a first team spot in a minnow EPL club. His frailty totally outweighed his moments of brilliance. 

Good luck to Gazza. 

Rose was a sterling asset during his early years, but never reproduced the same performance after his injuries. Then his attitude was the cause of his downfall to the level he dropped. Despite being reasonably young, I think he has shot himself in the foot. He still believes he is a class player, but I don't think other half decent clubs will see him in the same class. 

COYS 

Hart in to replace Gazza was an absolutely stupid move.  Gazza on his worst day was a better keeper than Hart.  Perhaps not good enough to be a Number 1 at Spurs, but a solid number 2.

He was treated poorly and I wish him well.

I loved Danny Rose, a shame he never really got it back post injury and he was too outspoken for his own good.