Spurs Web
Borodin

Bill Nicholson Plays In Cup Tie

On 7/10/2021 at 4:46 AM, Borodin said:

Coverage of a 1951/52 FA Cup game. Right at the end you'll see Bill Nicholson shaking hands (No 4).

Great bit of nostalgia

https://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/sc**thorpe-united-v-tottenham-hotspur--fa-cup-3rd-round-1952/zm83xyc

I had just started taking an interest in football in 1950 and this was my first taste of euphoria. For the next 40 years it was mainly around a dozen cups and quit a few Charity shields. At least we did win the league again and were the first team to win the double after the war. We were also the first team to win in European competitions. I would have like it if we had won the the league a few times but was happy that in many ways we were considered a top 1st division club.

Over the last 30 years, the Euphoria moments have been few and far between, but still enjoyable. That was when I learned the phrase Spursey - I don't know when. Somehow, and don't ask me why, it made the disappointments of when we were 2nd or beaten finalists easier to take. I think some on here don't like to see the word used but I use it as a comfort blanket!!

Happy memories.

COYS