Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Neil

Jermain Defoe

How can we replace him?  Who is going to fill the shoes that lose the ball in the final third, miss headers or stand offside for us?  How on earth are we going to replace someone who mostly scores his goals in 2's and 3's against the minnows of the league?  Perhaps we could get a ballboy to wear a Defoe shirt and chase the ref because he didn't get a decision for backing in to defenders?  Does anyone know of any youth team members that shoot with their heads down regardless if someone else is in a better position?  Is there perhaps a guy we can bring in on loan to bang reality show contestants or get caught speeding at 2am on a game night?  

I am of the opinion that Defoe should be sold and replaced ahead of Ade this summer. He is great for 8 games in a row and then for 16 doesnt score. He is the most frustratingly inconsistent player and if we are serious about going to the next level then he is not even a squad player

How can we replace him?  Who is going to fill the shoes that lose the ball in the final third, miss headers or stand offside for us?  How on earth are we going to replace someone who mostly scores his goals in 2's and 3's against the minnows of the league?  Perhaps we could get a ballboy to wear a Defoe shirt and chase the ref because he didn't get a decision for backing in to defenders?  Does anyone know of any youth team members that shoot with their heads down regardless if someone else is in a better position?  Is there perhaps a guy we can bring in on loan to bang reality show contestants or get caught speeding at 2am on a game night?  

Lol. Apart from that.........he's brilliant!

We didnt miss him in January. We wont miss him now.

Ceballos, although smaller than Defoe in stature he is a much better header of the ball.

I am of the opinion that Defoe should be sold and replaced ahead of Ade this summer. He is great for 8 games in a row and then for 16 doesnt score. He is the most frustratingly inconsistent player and if we are serious about going to the next level then he is not even a squad player

Defoe is the old soft Spurs:  All talent and no drive/mentality to work on his game.  It's all a bit of a laugh for players like Defoe:  I mean Harry banned nightclubs because players like him were out at all hours partying it up every night and what did Defoe do?  He built his own nighclub in his house! 

We need to sweep that mentality out of the club.  Parker recently got injured long term and what did he do?  Take a vacation?  No:  He took his coaching badges.  I know what type of player I would rather be in the trenches with.