Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
CigarGuy

"6 tottenham hotspur players who no longer have a purpose at WHL

Can't argue with that list. Would miss BAE as leftback are a rare breed and I've always liked THudd best passer in the team but just has not developed but with Sandro and Dembele in team "he could still have apart to play in our story" . You just wonder why Ade couldn't play like that a month ago, we would have the points in the bag now!!!

My list would be JJ, Bentley, Gomes, Friedel, Cudicini, Gallas, Naughton, Livermore, Ekotto, Dempsey.

Ekotto        obviously AVB doesn't like him.

Dempsey   just not a good fit in our team. Bale is better at scoring. Siggy's work rate is much higher. Would MLS be interested to bring him home?

I would consider keeping Ade, Parker, and Hudds because you don't get much for them in the transfer market. And AVB doesn't have money to replace them.

My list would be JJ, Bentley, Gomes, Friedel, Cudicini, Gallas, Naughton, Livermore, Ekotto, Dempsey.

Ekotto        obviously AVB doesn't like him.

Dempsey   just not a good fit in our team. Bale is better at scoring. Siggy's work rate is much higher. Would MLS be interested to bring him home?

I would consider keeping Ade, Parker, and Hudds because you don't get much for them in the transfer market. And AVB doesn't have money to replace them.

Think Cudicini was sold to LA Galaxy?

And, no, he's "too good" for MLS.

bae - keep.  the only way i see him going is if Dawson and Kaboul play centre half and Superjan goes to left back,  i personally think bae is qualiity but since Bale has gone inside he has lost that player with instict he can trust and pass a ball too, I would say sell Rose (8million) to Sunderland, Townsend (3Million) to whoever. Hudd as I have always said should go to Italy. Gomes back to psv. Gallas to the local donkey sanctuary

Gallas - please get rid

Bentley - mentally and physically finished.

Gomes - mentally finished

Friedel - 42 years old..

Adebayor - more performances like the other night against Chelsea won't hurt his cause.

Jenas - not good enough

Benny - not good enough

If you gave me a choice between Ade and Defoe, taking into account Ade's performance against Chelsea and he was to do that week in week out he offers much more than Defoe, I'm not sure we can take that risk as he has been proper poor this season. We have to get rid of Bentley and Gomes and Gallas for sure. We need to then look at the others like Dempsey, Parker etc providing we can find better replacements which would mean spending a few quid.

see Id keep Andros, out of everyone who's on loan who has played in the first team, him and possibly Rose are the only ones Id keep

I see Andros on the left, Lennon right, Bale and star striker thru the middle, Dembele or Moutinho  and Sandro in the middle , the back 4 and keeper , well Id replace BAE and Walker to be honest if we can get better , Daws and Kaboul, Jan as back up or LB .

So out the first squad (not loanees) would go with thanks Parker, Hudd, Ade, Dempsey, Gallas, Gomes, BAE & Walker with ready made replacements arriving, . 

Id play Tommy Carroll more as a regular sub to begin with replacing Dembele/Moutinho etc, the kids just got it and needs to be able to show it week in week out,.

It depends who comes in and what we are playing in really . CL needed to get them on board IMO.

If you gave me a choice between Ade and Defoe, taking into account Ade's performance against Chelsea and he was to do that week in week out he offers much more than Defoe, I'm not sure we can take that risk as he has been proper poor this season. We have to get rid of Bentley and Gomes and Gallas for sure. We need to then look at the others like Dempsey, Parker etc providing we can find better replacements which would mean spending a few quid.

e26046.gif

adminwatch%5B2%5D.gif

JJ was sold to QPR. Gallas & Bentley are out of contract in the summer & expected to go for free. Gomes has a year left on his contract & therefore last chance to get any money for him & must be sold whatever happens to Brad.

We will have a limited budget and should spend it on a top class striker & wide left player. This will leave little left to replace anyone else but if we get the striker early enough and only likely to have 1 playing up front we can sell either Ade or Defoe whichever one receives a good offer. Personally if we are looking for someone on the Bench then Defoe is better .

BAE is not the player he was last season and is making far too many mistakes but can he get his form back. Not sure but we have Rose or Fryiers as back up and unless we have more money that I think then we have limited options.

Others mentioned are only squad players and if we receive an offer that is good then they can go & be replaced but replacement will be of similar quality.

Most important thing still is top class striker to get the majority of goals. Everything else will fall in line if we have that.

There are only 3 players from the youth teams that are ready for 1st team football: Townsend, Rose, Carroll.

Those should be used as back up.

Maybe get Gallas and Bentley to sign a 1 year contract so we can get some money for them this summer. Gomes doesnt seem to be in AVB's plans so get rid whilst we can get some money for him (I think he would be perfect back up for Lloris). Then flog Friedel for whatever money we can get. Flog Falque if he isnt in AVB's plans. Flog Livermore, should get a few bob for him as he is young. Flog Parker, should get some money from a mid-table side for him. Flog BAE, should get decent money (£5-10mill). Flog Dempsey, should get good money for him.

Keep Hudd and Ade, buy an LB (maybe Baines now that Moyes has gone, but he might follow him to OT), buy a midfielder (i like Fernandinho, very similar to Ramires box to box midfielder who can tackle and attack). I dont think Moutinho will come and we have a similar player to him in Carroll, plus too much money.

Finally get that coveted striker we have been crying out for!

So that is 8 out (not counting Gomes) and 3 in (plus Townsend and Rose).

Add Ade to the list. Sell him one of those rich Russian teams because they can afford his salary.

I changed my mind on Parker. I think Holtby can take his job. We can save some money to buy a midfield playmaker.