Spurs Web
YidArmy1975

General Stupid out now,enough is enough!!!

That's brave.  We have some big games between now and then ... and we could EASILY drop a lot of points and be mid table by Christmas.  We've lost against West Ham at home, Newcastle at home, and have picked up one point from Chelsea and Arsenal.  We've also struggled to break down practically every other team we've played against, including Hull on two occasions ...a team that Southampton managed to stick four goals past last weekend.

I agree that being positive is generally the right thing to do, but I won't sit here and say we will defintely be near the top come Christmas, because I've seen nothing to suggest we will so far.  Sorry if that doesn't go along with the popular school of thought, but it's my opinion and my gut instinct.

I'm with you, but my Main point is what's the alternative? When realistically would avb be sacked before or after Christmas? Who would step in? And how long untill new manger starts getting results?

I'm with you, but my Main point is what's the alternative? When realistically would avb be sacked before or after Christmas? Who would step in? And how long untill new manger starts getting results?

Exactly. Now is not the time to panic. More so when we are only 5 points behind the leader and only a few points behind the rest. Personally I think we are in a healthy position. Bring on the Manchester clubs!

Well quite.  I completely agree that he should be given time ... the whole season at the VERY least.

But I also believe some of the scenario's General Stupid is talking about are quite plausible.  They don't sound pretty, but they could happen.

I think we've all got so hyped up over the summer with the signings we've made, and we blindly believe we're so close to success that nobody wants to hear anything other than positivity, and how great we're going to be next season. 

Some of our performances so far have worried me.  I will continue supporting the team, but I'm struggling to see anything to be positive about at the moment.

My instinct told me Ramos would be a disaster, Jol would do well, and Redknapp would be brilliant for us, and I was proven right on all three occasions - I'm not saying that to make myself look like some kind of fortune teller or mesiah, but my instinct tells me AVB isn't the man for the job this time. 

That's my opinion, and I won't have anybody telling me I'm wrong until I'm proven so ... I hope I am, though.

Well quite.  I completely agree that he should be given time ... the whole season at the VERY least.

But I also believe some of the scenario's General Stupid is talking about are quite plausible.  They don't sound pretty, but they could happen.

I think we've all got so hyped up over the summer with the signings we've made, and we blindly believe we're so close to success that nobody wants to hear anything other than positivity, and how great we're going to be next season. 

Some of our performances so far have worried me.  I will continue supporting the team, but I'm struggling to see anything to be positive about at the moment

My instinct told me Ramos would be a disaster, Jol would do well, and Redknapp would be brilliant for us, and I was proven right on all three occasions - I'm not saying that to make myself look like some kind of fortune teller or mesiah, but my instinct tells me AVB isn't the man for the job this time. 

That's my opinion, and I won't have anybody telling me I'm wrong until I'm proven so ... I hope I am, though.

And this season will tell, I'm still on the fence with avb I didn't want him and didn't think he was the man for the job as I've only seen what he was like at chavs...thought we done well with what he had last season and our defence is much improved although still gets found out loads and we should of conceded more than we have. I think chriches lamela eriksen and capoue and soldado are all good signings that need time to merge there style with the pl chadli good squad player and paulinho im not a fan...

Avb seems subborn to the point of destruction but it could also be genius time will tell, and subs used seem strange....but I do think were stronger and have a lot more class on the pitch in all and have seen improvement over the last few months.

he is tottenham, he's our manager for good or bad and untill someone comes up with an alternative I'm not even gonna consider supporting the crazies that want him sacked...

Yeah.  I said in another thread that I think that will be his downfall ultimately.  Wasn't it Einstein that said the definition of madness is "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Avb seems subborn to the point of destruction

Yeah.  I said in another thread that I think that will be his downfall ultimately.  Wasn't it Einstein that said the definition of madness is "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Hey maybe it's OCD

He's 2 for you...

" I'm a misunderstood genius." "What's misunderstood?" "Nobody thinks I'm a genius"........

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction"

It I was think more of there a thin line between genius and insanity

How do you work that out? All you have to do is go to Spurs matches and talk to Spurs fans to know that he isn't alone. Just because somebody doesn't agree with the standard line doesn't make him an enemy of the club. He is entitled to his points of view; that doesn't make him a spy or an Arsenal supporter.

I supported Sugar or Venables (and wrote about it) and I was described in the same light; eventually I was proven right.

Whoa...very glad you set me straight. This whole time I thought every single fan agreed 100% of the time! :-)

There's a difference between discussion and saying things just to rile someone up. I'd argue the General doesn't believe most of what he writes here. Therefore, he's either a contrarian or a Gooner.

That's the best I've got for ya, Mr Voice. Have a nice weekend!

Likewise. I don't claim to get everything right, but I have always been right when it comes to managers (Hoddle an exception).

Some of our performances so far have worried me.  I will continue supporting the team, but I'm struggling to see anything to be positive about at the moment.

I would like to win a trophy this year I would be happier with that than fourth. Even if we dont finish fourth this year I will be much happier to stick with AVB. Ridiculous to think after such a major overhaul of the squad it would happen all at once for us this year. We have in my eyes the best young manager in the league and potentially the best young squad (If we add a striker). I waited through enough rubbish in the late 90s and early 2000s when the squad genuinely wasn't great and the management was poor to be prepared to be patient now.

But if nothing else, the football was entertaining

I would like to win a trophy this year I would be happier with that than fourth. Even if we dont finish fourth this year I will be much happier to stick with AVB. Ridiculous to think after such a major overhaul of the squad it would happen all at once for us this year. We have in my eyes the best young manager in the league and potentially the best young squad (If we add a striker). I waited through enough rubbish in the late 90s and early 2000s when the squad genuinely wasn't great and the management was poor to be prepared to be patient now.

I haven't skipped your question and told you who I want, Laudrup, but to be honest y Jack Russell would do a better job

Ok, if your not going to entertain my questions then what's the point.......

Calling me a biased supporter actually makes me laugh, if you bothered to actually read my post that you replied to you'd see that I do share worrys about Avbs tactics and football, the point I'm trying to make to you my friend is you ain't gonna do jack and if somehow you did or indeed he does get sacked what good will come from it the season will be over....

So again skip my questions and reply with the same post written differently and please go ahead and put your faith in warnock...joker...laughing my arse off...

Also another question you skipped of mine, if signings are sooo shit who would you have bought that wanted to come???????

Do you know how infantile it is to call someone a goner because they share your opinion?

Why would I not believe everything I say when about 50% od real supporters agree with me?

Whoa...very glad you set me straight. This whole time I thought every single fan agreed 100% of the time! :-)

There's a difference between discussion and saying things just to rile someone up. I'd argue the General doesn't believe most of what he writes here. Therefore, he's either a contrarian or a Gooner.

That's the best I've got for ya, Mr Voice. Have a nice weekend!

Who are you thinking of Ginola aside before the early 90s and 2003. Jose Dominguez had a bit of flare and Ruel Fox maybe too. Anderton was always injured by this point. Who are you thinking of? Gary Doherty, Freund (love him but not an exciting footballer), Tim Sherwood, Les Ferdinand under George Graham not much exciting football in that mix. Not enough lets go further Iversen, Gardner, Tarrico, Rebrov, Jonny Jackson, Ramon Vega, Ben Thatcher, Leonardhsen, Rohan Ricketts to name just a random few off the top of my head.

Nah I am much more excited with the squad we have now to be thank you very much and will be happy to wait a couple of years with AVB than go back to that.

Do you know how infantile it is to call someone a goner because they share your opinion?

Why would I not believe everything I say when about 50% od real supporters agree with me?

I've NOT seen ONE person AGREE with ANYTHING you have posted,FACT.By the way,are you working tommorow,will you still be going to bed at 9pm?

No they don't! I am a "real" fan as you put it (season ticket holder) and go with 5 other season ticket holders every week, none of them think AVB should go-FACT!

Don't talk bollocks and quote facts that aren't to support your own personal views

And you honestly believe that Levy is going to put up with the booing of the crowd for two years whilst the squad starts to click ?

Who are you thinking of Ginola aside before the early 90s and 2003. Jose Dominguez had a bit of flare and Ruel Fox maybe too. Anderton was always injured by this point. Who are you thinking of? Gary Doherty, Freund (love him but not an exciting footballer), Tim Sherwood, Les Ferdinand under George Graham not much exciting football in that mix. Not enough lets go further Iversen, Gardner, Tarrico, Rebrov, Jonny Jackson, Ramon Vega, Ben Thatcher, Leonardhsen, Rohan Ricketts to name just a random few off the top of my head.

Nah I am much more excited with the squad we have now to be thank you very much and will be happy to wait a couple of years with AVB than go back to that.

I work with 4 other supporters and we all think he should go. That's pretty much 50/50 then

No they don't! I am a "real" fan as you put it (season ticket holder) and go with 5 other season ticket holders every week, none of them think AVB should go-FACT!

Don't talk bollocks and quote facts that aren't to support your own personal views