Spurs Web
nellis6

Nabil Bentaleb

91% completed passes and 10 tackles won against Swansea today. Another outstanding game. Just gets on with it and does the simple stuff effectively. Is he our "diamond in the rough" and just how good can this boy be?

For a young kid coming into a side with so many quality midfielders I think he has been exceptional. Always seems to have time and awareness, and although many of his passes are short, they always go to a white shirt

Quality!

Doesn't seemed phased by anything!

Only 2nd to Xavi in the midfield stats last weekend, won't be far behind if not better this week!

Amazing that we bought all the midfielders we did in the summer and we had him in the youth all along!

Hats off big time to Tim for this 1!

At the moment I would have Sandro or Paulinho instead of Dembele. With Sandro it might give Bentaleb a little more chance to "play" and we can see what else he has got

This kid is keeping paulinho and sandro out if the team ,don't know where there going to fit in when they get back

.and with Dembele, you think Capoue realizes.....

He was tried at back, but, if I recall, wasn't happy?

Listened to the game on radio as was driving home, said the lad was looking around the pitch when not in possession assessing teammates & oppononents positions so was always aware & reading the game.A midfielder with a brain & at that age could be something special

He's got Carrick's ability, more athleticism and way more tackling ability. He also wants to and is able to fully impress his ability on the game, something Carrick always struggled with.

I think Huddlestone and even Carrick to a lesser extent both suffer from slow feet or ability to shift their feet quick enough to use their ability.  This lad doesn't have that problem, and has other strings to his bow as well.  As someone said, when you have a guy looking around before he gets the ball, its a great sign.  It means he knows his touch is fine, he knows he can play a pass and he's looking to use his ability the way he should be, playing it tidely, quickly and progressively.

He's a superb prospect and something we have lacked, someone that can put his foot on it in centre midfield and make us tick.  Delighted we have him, and he cost nout!

He played deeper today as well, which was interesting.  Before Dembele was told to sit behind him, maybe because he is so young.  But maybe they know now he is perfectly fine.

Bentaleb, Carroll and Sandro is probably the future of our midfield, dripping with quality.  Very excited about that.

We got 5 players for 2 CM position (Paulinho, Sandro, Dembele, Capoue, Bentaleb).

I'm not counting Holtby. Holtby can play in the middle or on the wing.

That's too many competition for the central midfielder position. It will be good to sell one of them at the end of the season.

We got 5 players for 2 CM position (Paulinho, Sandro, Dembele, Capoue, Bentaleb).

I'm not counting Holtby. Holtby can play in the middle or on the wing.

That's too many competition for the central midfielder position. It will be good to sell one of them at the end of the season.

I don't think it is too many. Look at the time Sandro has spent injured this season. Now Paulinho is down too. Sandro is reported back or nearly back to being match fit but Paulinho is a ways away yet and EL play will start again soon.

If this team finishes Top 4 and has CL next year we will need all of these guys.

Someone said on the match thread that he was "Anonymous".Thats because he does everything easy,never complicating anything and gets on with it.For me,he can be as "Anonymous" as he fucking well likes,absolute quality.

That was me. I thought that he didnt get involved as much in the 1st half as he did in the 2nd half. As you can see in the video, there are alot more highlights of him in the 2nd half than the 1st.

This coincided with the fact that Swansea were much better in the 1st half and he and Dembele didnt exert their influence. I like the fact that he plays it quick and simple but the main problem with him and Dembele in the middle is that they provide the same protection as Capoue or Sandro, partly because they are not DM's but CM's. Honestly I think that Sandro will replace Bentaleb when he returns and probably Paulinho for Dembele.

Also I wouldnt get caught up in the stats too much, they have proven to be misleading on more than one occasion. 

I will be po'd if Bentaleb is taken out of the team on this form.  He's giving the team something none of the other central midfielders have done all season, controlling the passing.  I'd be looking to get Sandro back in, make Bentaleb the fulcrum and move Dembele to a more attacking position, if possible.  But you can't play everyone and choices will have to be made.  He seems to like box to box players and that might mean Dembele will keep Sandro out.  I'd like to see good rotation when it is best to do so to keep the players fresh and competitive.