Neophyte

PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Southampton

TOTTENHAM v Southampton   

4 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Where does Sputbamton come from? Is it an Americanism? I can't say I have come across it before.

The swashbuckling way we played yesterday against a normally tight defence to break down shows we to me we are back to our best. For me it is a no brainer. A comfortable victory by 2 or 3 goals with Harry breaking the most goals in a year record. For the moment life is rosy again and the pain of the last few weeks has miraculously disappeared. Christmas has  come early.

COYS

26 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Where does Sputbamton come from? Is it an Americanism? I can't say I have come across it before.

I haven't either. This is what happens when a mod gets the great idea of starting a new thread from his tablet after a couple of cups of eggnog instead of getting out his laptop.

Interesting happenings at Southamption:

1. Austin left the match with Huddersfield injured (hamstring) which left him doubtful, at best, for the match with Spurs but since then has been charged with violent conduct in that match and faces a 3 match ban if upheld. Having seen the footage of the incident I don't see him avoiding the ban.

2. Van Dyke was left on the bench last week for the match with Chelsea and didn't even make the 18 for yesterday's match with Huddersfield. I can find no report of injury for him but there is rampant speculation that he is again a transfer target in Jan and the club might be protecting him against a big money move next month. Kane has to be licking his chops in anticipation of Van Dyke's possible absence from the Saints back line.

1 hour ago, Neophyte said:

I haven't either. This is what happens when a mod gets the great idea of starting a new thread from his tablet after a couple of cups of eggnog instead of getting out his laptop.

Good on you - starting the Christmas celebrations in fine style. Being an enforced tea total guy due to medication I have to take, I am doing my best sitting here watching a 1955 Western "Major Dundee" with a pint of alcohol free lager. I was brought up on westerns - they are my favourite genre. I can't stand modern CGI films.

COYS

Same line up except Winks come in for Eriksen.

Lloris

Dier Sanchez Jan

Aurier  Sissoko Winks Davies

Dele Son

Kane

Disappointed to see Aurier start again over Trips. Watching games this season I think Trippier and Kane have a good understanding because Trippier's delivery is far superior to Aurier's!

However It won't make that much difference to the outcome......

4-1 COYS!

A very good result,but should have been better.

Lloris was poor today,,,,,,,time for him to move on.

Overall we were quite good today, against what seemed to be a disinterested Southampton unit.  The challenge with us seems to be that while we are playing some beautiful football up front and the Defence is staying steady Hugo loses focus.  Can’t understand it really.  Beaten on his near post and then a weak punch out for their two goals blotted his copy book.  That display deserved a clean sheet.  Onwards lads. Well done

Once again we are producing some scintillating football but, as being pointed out on here, we are still conceding unnecessary goals. It was this problem that cost us those precious points in earlier games.

As highly as I regard Lloris and fully accept his brilliance has been the reason we have won games, imo if we are to continue to advance, we need to consider, 'is Hugo the man to help'?Having said that, who the hell is out their to replace him at a fee and wage we can give?

Something that shone out for me is how well Erickson, Dele, Son and Harry play together. Their enjoyment of playing together is a pleasure to watch. They clearly have formed a very strong bond and It encourages me to believe that they would love to stay together. It reduces my concern, when reading the papers they will move, may well not happen.

A great game, great result and top 4 finish looking well within our grasp. 

COYS

Any more criticism on Dele's performance? 

Lloris usually don't let anything pass him at the near post. He's unlucky with the 2nd goal.

The first two goals are easy goals for Harry to score. His third one shown his killer instinct. The goals by Dele and Son are really good shots. Our team looks committed to get Harry the goals to break the record.

Rose almost score an own goal. He made a really good pass to Harry. Although at that moment of the game the last thing I want to see is Harry making a full stretch trying to hit the shot perfectly. I just want Kane to get through the game without any injury.

Surprise to see Dembele in the starting line up. He struggled with the pace of the game. I rather see Sissoko or Winks in the line up.

Good result, good team performance everyone looked hungry again, the press was excellent today. A few candidates for m.o.t.m obviously it was H,  but had it not been, Eriksen was busy as was Dele. Sonny looks like he is enjoying his run in the starting 11 and I thought Vertongan looked very assured and lead by example.

Swansea/Pikies and Everton over the next couple of weeks. 9 points there and I think we will have proved to have played ourselves out of this blip!

COYS!

On 26/12/2017 at 2:47 PM, stanmac said:

A very good result,but should have been better.

Lloris was poor today,,,,,,,time for him to move on.

lol

DaftYank and now DaftTaffy ... Have you done anything with that flag yet ?

The third goal from The Kane was pure class, perfect run on to a perfect pass from Dele and then waited for just the right moment to lift the ball over the keeper.

His third against Burnley just summed up the player's season for me. Wins the ball, gets straight up and then finishes with a sublime shimmy and shot.