Spurs Web
Cromulentmart

5 Yr stats

I think I posted this in the wrong section, so here it is again ......

Whilst having a late morning cuppa and a few chocolate Hob-Nobs, I thought I would do a little exercise to see just how well (or badly) Spurs have been doing against other clubs in the last 5 seasons. It makes pretty interesting reading.

Looking at the finishing positions over the previous 5 seasons, the total table for the period reads as follows:-

1. Manchester City (11) - worst finish 4th

2. Tottenham Hotspur (19) - worst finish 6th

3. Chelsea (20) - worst finish 10th

3. The Arse (20) - worst finish 6th

5. Manchester United (24) - worst finish 7th

6. Liverpool (26) - worst finish 8th

Using the total points gathered in 5 seasons, the results are as follows:-

1. Manchester City - 409 points

2. Chelsea - 382 points

3. Tottenham Hotspur - 366 points

4. The Arse - 363 Points

5. Liverpool - 357 points

6. Manchester United - 350 points

I think the above demonstrates the strides we have made recently and how we are surely becoming established as one of the "top six" and arguably one of the "top four." It also emphasises that, whilst Citeh are clearly consolidating their position as the top side in the PL, the chasing pack still seem to be making a fight of it, apart from Manure ..... oh, how are the mighty fallen!

I'd be interested to hear your views about what (if anything) we can read into these statistics.

I feel we have demonstrated that over this period we have been as good as those teams that have won the title. We certainly were the best footballing side that even the pundits had to admit to. The only difference is that when Utd, City and Chelsea were  winning the title, they had in those seasons very good teams that cost a lot of money. We were very unlucky when Leicester won in a year when all the top teams had average sides. Who would have dreamt Leicester would punch above their weight and stop us taking the title? Hopefully, we are moving into a situation where we can compete with wages and transfer fees and our time will come.

In one respect, we may not have won a trophy, but what we achieved was better and deserves more credit as we did it without having the cash available to those teams that bought success. That in my opinion was more difficult to achieve.

COYS

7 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

Whilst having a late morning cuppa and a few chocolate Hob-Nobs, I thought I would do a little exercise to see just how well (or badly) Spurs have been doing against other clubs in the last 5 seasons. It makes pretty interesting reading.

Looking at the finishing positions over the previous 5 seasons, the total table for the period reads as follows:-

2. Chelsea - 382 points

4. The Arse - 363 Points

I think the above demonstrates the strides we have made recently and how we are surely becoming established as one of the "top six" and arguably one of the "top four." It also emphasises that, whilst Citeh are clearly consolidating their position as the top side in the PL, the chasing pack still seem to be making a fight of it, apart from Manure ..... oh, how are the mighty fallen!

I'd be interested to hear your views about what (if anything) we can read into these statistics.

Sorry Crom,maybe I need a few hobnobs ( can only afford Rich Tea ) what do the figures in brackets represent.ie..Spurs ( 19 )

3 hours ago, stanmac said:

Sorry Crom,maybe I need a few hobnobs ( can only afford Rich Tea ) what do the figures in brackets represent.ie..Spurs ( 19 )

11 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

2. Chelsea - 382 points

4. The Arse - 363 Points

Even though I don't always buy into stats I know what I see and I'v seen us improve and progress year on year over the 5 year period you quote Crom and your table just confirms that!

COYS!