Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Don't Laugh At Arsenal

Upcoming League Fixtures         My Prediction

Southampton Home tonight      1pt at the most

Everton Away Sat 19th                0 pts

Chelsea Home 26th                    0 pts

Oh dear :9:

It's not unimaginable that Everton beat Arsenal and Brighton beat Sheffield United which could well see these bastards drop down to 16th....:16:

"We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" :7:

Presumably early tomorrow Brighton will win against Sheffield, who can't do two things right in a row. That would put Arsenal in 15th. And 15th not even in a good league, this year.

The waiting room to pass them would be Fulham (2-4-8), who are on 10 points to Arsenal's 14 (4-2-8). Fulham have 6 points from their last 5 games, while Arsenal have 1.

2 hours ago, KCspurs said:

Presumably early tomorrow Brighton will win against Sheffield, who can't do two things right in a row. That would put Arsenal in 15th. And 15th not even in a good league, this year.

The waiting room to pass them would be Fulham (2-4-8), who are on 10 points to Arsenal's 14 (4-2-8). Fulham have 6 points from their last 5 games, while Arsenal have 1.

They are 15th now my mate, level on goal difference with Brighton . If they beat Sheffield United later then the Arsenal drop to 16th.....loving it.

Well, Arsenal's current pace would land them on 38 points, and there hasn't been a team relegated with that many points since 2010-2011. Only 3 years of the last 20 would 38 points have not been enough to stay up.

So as putrid as Arsenal look of late, their pace would still have to slow a bit more.

5 hours ago, KCspurs said:

Well, Arsenal's current pace would land them on 38 points, and there hasn't been a team relegated with that many points since 2010-2011. Only 3 years of the last 20 would 38 points have not been enough to stay up.

So as putrid as Arsenal look of late, their pace would still have to slow a bit more.

By pace you are referring to average points per game which I agree is currently 1pt but by actual current 'form' (as in racehorse) it is in complete decline. Split the total games played into two sections of 7 and you have 12 pts from the first one and just 2pts from the second. Defeat demoralises, demotivates, destroys hope and ambition and spreads like a disease amongst the squad. Self confidence melts and there seems no way out. The board know this and despite their claims to fully support Arteta I have no doubt his successor is already being planned, maybe even approached.

If the team are allowed to carry on with current performance levels then you will not see them above 25 pts never mind 35pts at the end of the season.

6 hours ago, KCspurs said:

Things haven't gone to plan in the Carabao, now they've been bounced by City.

Arsenal hasn't won a game in England since November 1

Oh dear! It is looking like they are following Utd's path of disappearing down the drain. I have had a flash of inspiration. When Arteta leaves we can send the Special one to replace him. 

COYS 

Quite happy with their win today. It stops Chelsea from gaining on us and it also means Arteta will be given a little breathing space as he claims this match was the 'turning point' for their season. (Yeah Right)

They were given a spawny penalty, a good free kick by Xhaka, jammy intended cross that hit the back of the net instead and went 3-0 up. Chelsea score and they start bricking it, give away a penalty in the 89th minute but the chavs waste the chance of getting it back to 3-2 with 5 minutes of injury time still to play. I reckon that could well have ended 3-3 if they had converted the penalty.

So yep, I'll settle for that and if the Arsenal fans think it's some sort of revival then let them dream. Maybe Brighton and then West Brom will bring reality crashing back down around their ears.

Tough game for them tonight against Newcastle. I wasn't convinced they had turned any corners after the three match winning streak and that dull drab draw against Crystal Palace merely confirmed my suspicions. Anything less than three points this evening must start the alarm bells ringing again. Arteta has bought himself some time but the fans are restless. 11th place is simply not good enough.They have Southampton and Man Utd next.... tough games.

I definitely see them finishing in the bottom half this season. There's just no creativity or hunger going forward. I do love watching this decline as no matter what happens they are the team I want us to take 6pts off every year and finish above in the league. I truly detest them with a passion and wish the club and fans a season full of embarassing defeats and internal implosions.

COYS !!!!