Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Ryan Mason Head Injury

The recent terrible collision between Raul Jimenez and David Luiz brought back memories of the career ending one that Ryan Mason suffered. He has just posted this article and it really does bring home the dangers involved regarding such incidents.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ryan-mason-i-have-14-metal-plates-my-skull-28-screws-holding-them-place-and-45-staples-and

Let's hope Jimenez makes a full recovery and is able to continue his playing career but he has needed skull surgery and that must affect his chances greatly.

Didn't Petr Cech have a similar injury as well?

On the TV broadcast here they would not show any replays, but they did show one in the highlight package after the match and it looked really rough. I won't lay any blame for it because these things do happen in football even if they are one in a million. The concern was obvious on the field as it happened, he was knocked out cold and never moved again that I could see.

I do hope he recovers and doesn't have to deal with what Ryan Mason did. Jimenez is a fine player and I wish him the best.

Sadly, imo football is no longer a game followed by fans and supporters - it is a business which is there primarily to be successful and to make money. The players are just pawns, albeit very wealthy ones. Only lip service is paid to Health and Safety issues. Too often players are made to play on with injuries to avoid defeat. Klopp is right about having to play such a number of games in so short a time. However, the people running the game are TV companies and not the football authorities. They decide how many games are played and when they will be played. 

Having reached the age of 81, I have come to realise that money rules and those with the money dictate. Ordinary people only have 2 choices - take it or leave it. I have long since given up getting upset and annoyed at these things I can't change. I either put up with how the game is run or stop watching. To do that I would be cutting my nose off to spite my face, so I keep watching. 

COYS