Spurs Web
Jamesinashby

Sissoko - are his days now numbered.

Sissoko has been praising Poch saying they had more possession with his way of playing and they have a lot less with the way JM's style. He also said he learned a lot from Poch.

Some are reading this that the squad are not happy with how JM is asking them to play. Some fans are saying that JM's response will be to now treat him as he has treated Dele. 

Are Sissoko's days numbered - he hasn't really played him that much this season. Something to keep an eye on?

What are your views? Is Sissoko right and has he killed his career? 

COYS 

Jose has a unique way of dealing with his squads, there is no middle ground. He make certain ones feel outcasts and relies on them to try and desperately fight their way back into his good books and subsequently the first team. Ndombele is a prime example of this tactic working and Alli is a perfect example of it not.

Sissoko is undergoing such a struggle and I don't think he is of the mind set to feel he has to justify himself to Mourinho. We have already seen this season how Tuchel arrived at Chelsea and is giving everyone a chance to show him what they can do which I think is a great way of introducing yourself. Unfortunately it will require such a management change at Spurs if we are ever to see a revitalised Sissoko back on the pitch.

I think he will leave, but after watching PSG destroy an admittedly weakened Barcelona last night, I doubt that Poch is being forced to look for new players at the moment. Wherever he ends up I wish him well.

I quite like Sissoko.  The way he turned his performances around after almost 2 years of being tragically bad is an example to all players.

He breaks up quite a few opposition attacks but is not the best going forward. I'm not sure if he is quite good enough.

Slowly catching up still in my DIY nightmare. but I think Sissoko it's just a bench warmer is good for holding up play but gets a nosebleed when he gets near the 18 yard box still doesn't look up enough, not the most intelligent player we could do much better we can get good money for him in the summer let's get someone who's a bit more dynamic. 

But knowing Jose..  probably next right back

If players are coming out and saying about the lack of possession then they are talking about it a lot amongst themselves. That is dangerous for the squad morale, I think players just don’t enjoy playing this way, understandably, without wins to keep them on board I think Jose has this season. The one thing that concerns me is Jose ‘stardom’ influencing Levy to keep him longer than necessary should the results continue to worsen. 

with this squad we need to be on the front foot, not sitting back. even teams we should dominate possession with we are allowing to dictate to us. So fortunate for Jose fans aren’t in the stadium because they’d be baying for blood. 

back to OP question, yeah he probably has cut his cloth with Jose. Shouldn’t be that way but if he’s not on board with Jose he will be sidelined I expect. 

i sympathise with the players, I’ve not managed to watch a full game really because it is so dour. I kept telling myself we need to give Jose a chance, we need to win something by hook or by crook, but it’s not much fun watching this team play! Tbf he inherited some players that went off the boil since the CL defeat. 

it’s only Kane and son firing that can save our season now. 

1 hour ago, Dazza1976 said:

If players are coming out and saying about the lack of possession then they are talking about it a lot amongst themselves. That is dangerous for the squad morale, I think players just don’t enjoy playing this way, understandably, without wins to keep them on board I think Jose has this season. The one thing that concerns me is Jose ‘stardom’ influencing Levy to keep him longer than necessary should the results continue to worsen. 

with this squad we need to be on the front foot, not sitting back. even teams we should dominate possession with we are allowing to dictate to us. So fortunate for Jose fans aren’t in the stadium because they’d be baying for blood. 

back to OP question, yeah he probably has cut his cloth with Jose. Shouldn’t be that way but if he’s not on board with Jose he will be sidelined I expect. 

i sympathise with the players, I’ve not managed to watch a full game really because it is so dour. I kept telling myself we need to give Jose a chance, we need to win something by hook or by crook, but it’s not much fun watching this team play! Tbf he inherited some players that went off the boil since the CL defeat. 

it’s only Kane and son firing that can save our season now. 

Totally agree with you but would Jose really say to the players don't keep possession to sit back didn't Harry come out the other week and say that's not what the boss has told us to do.

I think another main alarm bells was when Harry Kane was injured Sonny look like a lost sheep.  sonny should perform with anybody the proof internationally.

I do think what it highlighted when came has injured that we need that dynamic midfielder, de bryne, grielish I've been saying it for 2 Seasons even when Ericsson wasn't performing we need a dynamic creative midfielder maybe lo celso sort of filled that gap slightly.

2 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

Totally agree with you but would Jose really say to the players don't keep possession to sit back didn't Harry come out the other week and say that's not what the boss has told us to do.

I think another main alarm bells was when Harry Kane was injured Sonny look like a lost sheep.  sonny should perform with anybody the proof internationally.

I do think what it highlighted when came has injured that we need that dynamic midfielder, de bryne, grielish I've been saying it for 2 Seasons even when Ericsson wasn't performing we need a dynamic creative midfielder maybe lo celso sort of filled that gap slightly.

Yeah I agree Jose is not telling them to forget about possession, that is just a product of how he sets the team up to be safety first. In many cases possession can be over rated but we’ve gone too far the other way from I can see in the match stats. 
kane is crucial to the team, without him we’ve not got much tbh. I thought I could endure Jose parking the bus but when we aren’t nicking then results it’s very tough to see how the team is progressing. You have to keep the players happy and I’m not sure Jose will now. Couple more bad results and we’ll be bottom half team, fallen long way since beginning of December!

Reading these links and watching the videos of Jose venting his frustration at the last minute free kick I would say he doesn't fit into plans for the future :

https://theboyhotspur.com/video-evidence-no-wonder-jose-lost-his-mind-with-one-spurs-player-last-night/

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/19/thats-the-end-of-sissoko-tottenham-fans-spot-what-mourinho-did-during-4-1-win/