Spurs Web
Borodin

PL Newcastle Vs SPURS Sunday 4th April 14:05 K.O.

I genuinely feel for some of our players, especially people like Harry Kane. His attitude, commitment and positiveness should be an inspiration to some of the other less motivated members of the squad and yet Mourinho is quite prepared to just 'sell everybody down the river' when results don't go our way.

This latest outburst of 'same coach, different players' perfectly illustrates the problems within the club. That's not the remark of a respectful manager or one designed to improve team spirit. Whilst he may think (and I do agree with him) that we have players who simply lack the quality required to be a top Premier side you do not actually say as much to the media in order to cover your own arse.

Let's look at this in the cold light of day and admit that our squad needs massive improvement, especially defensively. "Bargain" buys like Doherty just don't work and unless the areas of concern are confronted this Summer then we face an exodus next season.

Do I think Mourinho is the guy to be included in the discussions of who should leave and which players we bring in ?......No.

It's as clear as day who just isn't up to the mark and needs shipping out but the choice of incoming talent needs to be given to a new manager next transfer window.

If I were Daniel Levy I would be negotiating Jose's departure now and making plans to bring in someone to replace him as of May 24th 2021.

Not sure if the fiasco regarding Toby training is correct or not but if I was Levy I’d be ashamed at this man managing his Club. 
poch was respectful throughout his tenure and this man acts like his only wish right now is to be sacked so his can get his multi million pound payout,

if what’s being said is true I hope we don’t qualify for Europe next season so that tosser gets less money from us 

7 hours ago, Borodin said:

I genuinely feel for some of our players, especially people like Harry Kane. His attitude, commitment and positiveness should be an inspiration to some of the other less motivated members of the squad and yet Mourinho is quite prepared to just 'sell everybody down the river' when results don't go our way.

This latest outburst of 'same coach, different players' perfectly illustrates the problems within the club. That's not the remark of a respectful manager or one designed to improve team spirit. Whilst he may think (and I do agree with him) that we have players who simply lack the quality required to be a top Premier side you do not actually say as much to the media in order to cover your own arse.

Let's look at this in the cold light of day and admit that our squad needs massive improvement, especially defensively. "Bargain" buys like Doherty just don't work and unless the areas of concern are confronted this Summer then we face an exodus next season.

Do I think Mourinho is the guy to be included in the discussions of who should leave and which players we bring in ?......No.

It's as clear as day who just isn't up to the mark and needs shipping out but the choice of incoming talent needs to be given to a new manager next transfer window.

If I were Daniel Levy I would be negotiating Jose's departure now and making plans to bring in someone to replace him as of May 24th 2021.

It is a sad day for me.

I have said from the outset I had no faith in Mourhino and it gives me no pleasure to be proved right. His tenure at Utd clearly showed he was, as Brian Clough would say, a 'clown'. Far too full of his past glories, petulant, lacking man management skills that led to destroying the dressing room and always putting the blame on his players. He was yesterday's man and unable to move with the times. 

He destroyed Utd and, if the expected departures of our top players happens, he will have destroyed Spurs. His legacy is unlikely to be the man who led THFC to being a top European  club - it will be one of failure and putting the dream of being a genuine top European club back years. 

COYS 

I wouldn't say this lightly, especially after the hurt of losing the CL final against Liverpool...but I honestly think the best thing that could happen for this club is to lose heavily to City in the Carabao final.

A win would keep Jose in a job and just put a small plaster over a gaping wound. I would rather he left without being able to make any false claims about what he's done for Spurs success wise.

I never ever thought I'd wish defeat upon us, especially in a trophy final but this man's ego deserves a taste of harsh reality.

Anybody else here who would take a defeat if it meant he were sacked ??

26 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I wouldn't say this lightly, especially after the hurt of losing the CL final against Liverpool...but I honestly think the best thing that could happen for this club is to lose heavily to City in the Carabao final.

A win would keep Jose in a job and just put a small plaster over a gaping wound. I would rather he left without being able to make any false claims about what he's done for Spurs success wise.

I never ever thought I'd wish defeat upon us, especially in a trophy final but this man's ego deserves a taste of harsh reality.

Anybody else here who would take a defeat if it meant he were sacked ??

You are not alone in thinking that. I would not too unhappy if we lost if it got rid of Mourhino. 

I am not alone but among several who post on here in wanting Mourinho out. 

I wonder if any of those who vehemently extolled the virtues of this manager will actually come on here admitting they got it wrong  if this season doesn't improve and Mourinho goes. More importantly, if the season does go wrong and he stays, will they continue to back him? 

COYS 

11 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I wonder if any of those who vehemently extolled the virtues of this manager will actually come on here admitting they got it wrong  if this season doesn't improve and Mourinho goes. More importantly, if the season does go wrong and he stays, will they continue to back him? 

COYS 

Is there anyone here who 'vehemently extolled the virtues of this manager' ?

Is it important for you that anybody who did get it wrong now admits their error in a public 'mea culpa'?

I would certainly NOT be happy with a loss and would prefer to keep Mourinho than most of the dross we have pulling on a Spurs shirt every week. 

My major concern is that we are going to have the same players next season. What manager in his right mind would want to buy Sanchez, Diet, Winks, Doherty etc.?  We are stuck with them!

3 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

Is there anyone here who 'vehemently extolled the virtues of this manager' ?

Is it important for you that anybody who did get it wrong now admits their error in a public 'mea culpa'?

I would certainly NOT be happy with a loss and would prefer to keep Mourinho than most of the dross we have pulling on a Spurs shirt every week. 

My major concern is that we are going to have the same players next season. What manager in his right mind would want to buy Sanchez, Diet, Winks, Doherty etc.?  We are stuck with them!

Important? No. Curious? Yes.  

I always make tongue in cheek posts about jumping on and off the fence implying I am prepared to change my views if anyone provides me with a more sensible reason. 

I am simply interested in whether anyone on here still thinks that Mourhino is still capable of leading a club to win trophies -especially the Premier league and CL. Or, after a season by his standards that fell well short at Utd and this season also falling short by his standard with Spurs , are they are changing their opinion of him.

There was a hell of a lot of 'bugle blowing' and wild promises of the achievements he was going to bring. Getting to the League Cup final beating teams from the lower echelons doesn't imply to me that it is proof he delivered. Being top of the EPL for a brief moment and occasionally in the top 4 only to fall away again, also doesn't come across to me as being successful. 

By him taking the plaudits when we win and implying the players let him down when we lose, that also doesn't come across as proof he has done well to me.

They are just my thoughts. I am just interested in the current thoughts of those that backed him, and with reasons for continuing claiming that he has got the best out of this squad. If they are sound I am prepared to get back on my fence.

COYS 

I am thinking more and more that keeping Mourinho would be the right thing to do, assuming he is permitted to do a full rebuilding job in the summer.

He was Manure's most successful manager since Fergie. People say his ideas are outdated, but I don't think they are. I believe it's the players he has. He is trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear. How can any side expect to be in the top 4 when they have the likes of Sanchez, Winks, Doherty, Lucas, Vinicius etc. in their ranks. These players wouldn't get in West Brom's team.

After the last few performances, I have flip-flopped again. Our squad is rubbish. Of the squad usually selected for PL games, how many players are actually good enough? All I would fight to keep would be Kane, Son, Bale, Ndombele (maybe), LoCelso and Rodon. All the others could be easily replaced.

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

I am thinking more and more that keeping Mourinho would be the right thing to do, assuming he is permitted to do a full rebuilding job in the summer.

He was Manure's most successful manager since Fergie. People say his ideas are outdated, but I don't think they are. I believe it's the players he has. He is trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear. How can any side expect to be in the top 4 when they have the likes of Sanchez, Winks, Doherty, Lucas, Vinicius etc. in their ranks. These players wouldn't get in West Brom's team.

After the last few performances, I have flip-flopped again. Our squad is rubbish. Of the squad usually selected for PL games, how many players are actually good enough? All I would fight to keep would be Kane, Son, Bale, Ndombele (maybe), LoCelso and Rodon. All the others could be easily replaced.

The one statistic that highlights our Achille's Heel this season is the fact that we have given away 15 pts from winning positions. This is not the normal characteristic of a Mourinho side who you usually associate with scraping a goal and then holding on until the final whistle courtesy of an experienced and top quality defence. As you rightly point out, we don't have such defenders. There also seems a problem within the mindset of the teams he puts out. Once a lead is established we seem to be stuck in a no man's land of "go for another" or "man the barricades".

I know what you mean by your statement 'All the others could be easily replaced.' but that's only true if you wished to simply look for similarly talented players. To replace Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Lucas and Doherty with the quality of footballer required to make us genuine title contenders would require massive investment and shrewd selection. The same for anybody other than our nucleus of Kane, Son, Bale, Ndombele, Rodon, Lo Celso (and I would add Hojbjerg).

I don't think there's anyone better than Jose to create a solid back four, that's been the foundation of his entire career successes. The question is would Levy open up the purse strings and sanction the expenditure required ?. I get the distinct impression that Mourinho's initial appointment was based on him assuring Daniel that the squad was almost there and needed little tinkering, Levy drooled at the prospect of imminent silverware and minimum costs. The result has been the chaos we are now witnessing, with a back four that leaks goals simply because it's not good enough and never will be. Under pressure they collapse like a pack of cards and virtually give away goals rather than just concede them, it's embarassing to watch.

The major problem I have with the guy is the manner in which he handles such situations media wise. When he is no longer the 'darling of the press' following an emphatic win and is being hounded by them for the reasons why our challenge has crumbled.... instead of deflecting their questions his pride takes over and he hangs the team out to dry. He gives them to the media like sacrificial lambs and it's little surprise to then hear rumours of dressing room unrest.

My summing up of our current mess would be that we may well have a manager capable of bringing trophies and titles back to the club but his method of doing so is not one that our Chairman will support because it would cost too much. This inability of being backed financially will result in José trying to pressurise Daniel by constantly highlighting the shortcomings and inadequacies of specific players until the areas are addressed. I don't like where that is taking the team or how it is affecting our top stars. The whole fabric of the club is being torn apart because the manager's ego is not being catered for and his frustration at such behaviour is making him lash out at individuals to the press.

"Same coach, different players" will be on his Tottenham gravestone at the end of his tenure. I do truly believe that he could still be a succesful manager if he found someone willing to bankroll him but it would be shortlived and after three years max he would be looking elsewhere. The guy is simply the wrong fit for this club (in my humble opinion), and his already souring relationship with the players would become toxic if he was to stay another term.

Yes, we need an extremely costly and well overdue revamping of the team but we also need a talented manager to be honest with Mr Levy and tell the guy just how much that would cost, rather than try to blow smoke up his arse and earn £12m a year whilst doing it.

Damning statistics from an article in February which have certainly not improved but perfectly illustrate our problem :

Tottenham have scored 21 of of their 36 League goals in the first half, that is 59%. Likewise, the defense has been stronger in the first half conceding only 7 goals, about 31%. That is a +14 goal difference for Tottenham in the first half of games.

However, in the second halves of matches, Spurs both score less and concede more. Tottenham have actually given up as many goals in the second half 15, as they have scored this season 15. While Spurs have mostly been excelling in the first half, the second half is when the goals are shipped and they come in the first and last third of the half.

69% of all the league goals conceded by Tottenham are in the second half, making things even tougher on Tottenham is that eight of those 15 have been in the last 15 minutes of matches or injury time. Those late goals, even when not in injury time leave little opportunity for Spurs to respond. And while the five goals conceded in the first 15 minutes of second halves leaves time to recover, it also strikes a blow at whatever plans were made at halftime.

The bottom line for Tottenham is that not only are they making individual and team errors to concede, they are doing it at terrible times. Right before and after the half and in the final minutes of matches are some of the worst times to concede.

https://hotspurhq.com/2021/02/09/tottenham-concedes-matches-damaging/

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

I agree with much that you say apart from keeping him. 

Interestingly, on the back page of Today's Daily Mail, the headline 'SPURS FURY'. 

An article by Sami Mokbel states that the stars are angry at Mourinho's dig after Toon draw and Alderweireld is baffled by claims he missed two days of  training ahead of the game and was not even on the Bench. 

Mokbel claims that there is irritation among members in the squad as they feel the manager threw them under the bus to protect his reputation. 

It says much more which I won't go into, but it is why I believe that there is, and has been for sometime, a problem within the squad. I also believe that is part of the problem when we have under performed. 

I know you have little time for much that appears in the papers as I do. However, when I have watched Mourinho's interviews, I know what is said is true. So reports of the players reactions may well carry some truth as I understand why they reportedly reacted as described. 

I accept there is a logic in giving him another season. Where I disagree is that, for me personally, there has been little that I like about this season and a lot that pisses me off. For me he has to go so the rebuild an start sooner than later. 

COYS 

25 minutes ago, Borodin said:

The one statistic that highlights our Achille's Heel this season is the fact that we have given away 15 pts from winning positions. This is not the normal characteristic of a Mourinho side who you usually associate with scraping a goal and then holding on until the final whistle courtesy of an experienced and top quality defence. As you rightly point out, we don't have such defenders. There also seems a problem within the mindset of the teams he puts out. Once a lead is established we seem to be stuck in a no man's land of "go for another" or "man the barricades".

I know what you mean by your statement 'All the others could be easily replaced.' but that's only true if you wished to simply look for similarly talented players. To replace Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Lucas and Doherty with the quality of footballer required to make us genuine title contenders would require massive investment and shrewd selection. The same for anybody other than our nucleus of Kane, Son, Bale, Ndombele, Rodon, Lo Celso (and I would add Hojbjerg).

I don't think there's anyone better than Jose to create a solid back four, that's been the foundation of his entire career successes. The question is would Levy open up the purse strings and sanction the expenditure required ?. I get the distinct impression that Mourinho's initial appointment was based on him assuring Daniel that the squad was almost there and needed little tinkering, Levy drooled at the prospect of imminent silverware and minimum costs. The result has been the chaos we are now witnessing, with a back four that leaks goals simply because it's not good enough and never will be. Under pressure they collapse like a pack of cards and virtually give away goals rather than just concede them, it's embarassing to watch.

The major problem I have with the guy is the manner in which he handles such situations media wise. When he is no longer the 'darling of the press' following an emphatic win and is being hounded by them for the reasons why our challenge has crumbled.... instead of deflecting their questions his pride takes over and he hangs the team out to dry. He gives them to the media like sacrificial lambs and it's little surprise to then hear rumours of dressing room unrest.

My summing up of our current mess would be that we may well have a manager capable of bringing trophies and titles back to the club but his method of doing so is not one that our Chairman will support because it would cost too much. This inability of being backed financially will result in José trying to pressurise Daniel by constantly highlighting the shortcomings and inadequacies of specific players until the areas are addressed. I don't like where that is taking the team or how it is affecting our top stars. The whole fabric of the club is being torn apart because the manager's ego is not being catered for and his frustration at such behaviour is making him lash out at individuals to the press.

"Same coach, different players" will be on his Tottenham gravestone at the end of his tenure. I do truly believe that he could still be a succesful manager if he found someone willing to bankroll him but it would be shortlived and after three years max he would be looking elsewhere. The guy is simply the wrong fit for this club (in my humble opinion), and his already souring relationship with the players would become toxic if he was to stay another term.

Yes, we need an extremely costly and well overdue revamping of the team but we also need a talented manager to be honest with Mr Levy and tell the guy just how much that would cost, rather than try to blow smoke up his arse and earn £12m a year whilst doing it.

Excellently and fairly put. 

It exposes the real problem at Spurs which is either not being prepared to spend on world class players or not able to afford it. 

That said, for me, it doesn't excuse Mourinho for implying he has done nothing wrong and that the players are letting him down. 

COYS 

ps I'm off to play bridge now and I'll try not to make a snide remark about my partner if we do badly.  LOL

Winks is an academy graduate that broke into the first team with Poch. He broke into the England squad and was looked at as being the part of the next generation of English stars.   He has been on a downward trajectory since Mourinho arrived.

Doherty was a fullback that was admired by many including myself.  Another International player that gets forward well and contributed goals and assists from the wide areas.  Mourinho has found a way to make him look like a Championship player.

Bale is Works class, could not get into the team, then when he did he actually started to show signs of that World class ability again and since then Arsenal game was accused of hiding and really hasn’t seen the pitch since.

Son has been off the boil of ages.  Just off an injury Mourinho brings him in at HT.  Not with 20 to go chasing the game, at HT.

I could go on and on and on but I really don’t think the players are the issue here.  My United mates flat out LAUGHED at me when we hired Mourinho and said he will destroy Spurs!

And here we are with many now believing that these players, many of whom play fantastically well for their Countries are dead weight and need to be cast aside?

Toby plays for the top rated European Country and can’t even get in our bench?

It ain’t the players lads. It ain’t the players.

Well said, Alonso.

It is comforting to me that I am not the only one who thinks the 'Special One' is vastly over rated these days and he has ruined a half decent squad and got them underperforming

COYS

40 minutes ago, Alonso said:

Winks is an academy graduate that broke into the first team with Poch. He broke into the England squad and was looked at as being the part of the next generation of English stars.   He has been on a downward trajectory since Mourinho arrived.

Doherty was a fullback that was admired by many including myself.  Another International player that gets forward well and contributed goals and assists from the wide areas.  Mourinho has found a way to make him look like a Championship player.

Bale is Works class, could not get into the team, then when he did he actually started to show signs of that World class ability again and since then Arsenal game was accused of hiding and really hasn’t seen the pitch since.

Son has been off the boil of ages.  Just off an injury Mourinho brings him in at HT.  Not with 20 to go chasing the game, at HT.

I could go on and on and on but I really don’t think the players are the issue here.  My United mates flat out LAUGHED at me when we hired Mourinho and said he will destroy Spurs!

And here we are with many now believing that these players, many of whom play fantastically well for their Countries are dead weight and need to be cast aside?

Toby plays for the top rated European Country and can’t even get in our bench?

It ain’t the players lads. It ain’t the players.

It's a blend of both I feel. Lack of player quality mingled with poor man management.

As a Welshman I really don't want to sound like I'm taking the piss but just how good a team do you rate England when up against the top countries ?. Every major competition we read the same hype and each time they fail to live up to expectations. I don't believe that just because you have an England International in your side it means you have a top quality player on your hands anymore. With the greatest respect I just cannot agree with your opinion of Winks, I find his decision making on the pitch constantly negative, always looking for the 'safe' option which is usually sideways or more often than not backwards. Dier is now an embarassment who's hot headedness has given away many a costly free kick or penalty. Sanchez is a walking banana skin for our defence, making sudden lunges or just freezing rather than challenging.

I think possibly Doherty has the makings but as long as anyone is trying to play amongst a defensive unit that is riddled with indecisiveness, lack of confidence and self belief then they are never going to truly shine. I am one of Hojbjergs greatest admirers and his stats concerning tackles made, passes and interceptions this season clearly illustrate the level of his performances. Born leader and my first choice as Captain.Ndombele is a class act and in the right team would be given the opportunity to show it more. Kane is simply World class, Son is unhappy and frustrated, Bale is a huge enigma that needs solving before the end of this season. Moura and Lamela I like but only as 'sandwich fillers'. Ideal players to put on for the last half hour or so if you need a bit more movement to cretae chances for your strikers. Lo Celso has huge potential but Reguilon flatters to deceive. Rodon is brilliant and can only improve at just 23 years old. Alli has simply lost his mojo and I doubt we will ever see the old Dele back in a Spurs shirt. He needs to be shipped out while he still holds a reasonable value (£30m - £40m). Vinicius can go back to Benfica tomorrow. I'd persevere with Sissoko, Toby,Tanganga, Ben Davies, Aurier and possibly Bergwijn for another season. Then we have the two goalkeepers. I've never understood Joe Hart being signed. He may well be experienced and a positive feature of the dressing room but in the heat of a real top level battle on the pitch I think he will melt. I'd lethim go in a heartbeat. Hugo has been a credit to the club but we need to be planning his replacement NOW !

It's a daunting rebuilding job and one that requires someone with a definite plan for the future rather than the short term  "Buy Success" vision of José. I'd willingly watch us hovering in a top six spot for a couple of seasons provided I could genuinely see us improving in all areas and becoming a force to be reckoned with later.

22 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Well said, Alonso.

It is comforting to me that I am not the only one who thinks the 'Special One' is vastly over rated these days and he has ruined a half decent squad and got them underperforming

COYS

That's a truer statement than you think. We need to jettison 50% of the squad (at least) if we are to keep the other 50% and build from there.

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

That's a truer statement than you think. We need to jettison 50% of the squad (at least) if we are to keep the other 50% and build from there.

Not quite true possibly. If the half of good players leave plus the half to be got rid of, we will need 100% change.

COYS

5 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Not quite true possibly. If the half of good players leave plus the half to be got rid of, we will need 100% change.

COYS

Your initial statement was that we currently have a half decent squad..I was agreeing with you.

Just now, Borodin said:

Your initial statement was that we currently have a half decent squad..I was agreeing with you.

I know. I failed miserably trying to come up with something funny from it. 

COYS

ps The bridge went well we thrashed them. would I be doing a Mourhino if I claimed all the credit?  Another attempt at humour. 

COYS

6 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I really don’t think Kane ,,sonny ,,Hugo,,bale ,,want to be hanging around for a rebuild ,,and we need to sell to raise money ,,and not many want our dead wood mate ,,it’s gonna be harder to sell players than purchase anyone .

we have Skipp coming back ,,,Ryan sessegnon coming back ,,and Jack Clarke,,it’s harsh but this is what spurs will have to use ,,,,harsh but true we don’t have any money 

7 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I do think he will be here next season,,,to keep us all bored imo 

but why say toby and serg didn’t train until Saturday when they were there Thursday being filmed lol,,,he has to get used to coaching what you have ,,there is no money ,we might have enough for a goal keeper (when Hugo jumps ship ) that’s it ,,,Jose brought Doherty aswell 

I just think he is a good coach off football ,,but a shite manager ,,,his history with now world class players is not good ,,salah,,,lukaka,,mata,,rashford,,,kevin d b ,,,hazard,,,,to him were not good enough ,,he wanted Ali at Man Utd ,,,but won’t give him the time off day at spurs ,,,I just worry that if and I hope they buy ,,,,,that we will end up with a whole host of players that we can’t sell or loan ,,,training and playing for the under 21’s ,,,then the wage bill goes up obviously ( we end up in the Arsenal situation) 

Im ambivalent. On one hand I tried to stay positive when Mourinho arrived, On the other hand, Mourinho to me is and was (even with his titles) one of the most overrated managers ever, whos tactics are outdated.

1) There may have been a time, his system was efficient, but the tactics have outlived their usefulness. Even the Italian have changed their way of playing in the recent years.

2) „Mourinhos players“ would defend better!? Don’t know. Cause smaller clubs have no other chance but defending and stand firm and hold a 0:0 for 90 minutes. So I‘m not sure if its only the fault of the players!? 

3) What ambitions do we have? Poch was signed to form a team out of mediocre but promising players, who were far away from the professional status they have today and don’t forget, it was Sherwood who introduced Harry. Poch had a vision, his „philosophy“ that brought us the success. Mourinho was signed to put us on the next level, but if that is only possible with big investments, its the money who won him the titles not his tactics. Im afraid he also lost his reputation and bonus in football. No respect from commentators, (former) players and managers. There was a time we wanted to build on our academy, but it seems the ides died. But what was the development of the academy good for, when the young are not given a chance. Next if you want to build on the young, you must establish a system, similar to Ajax where the academy players can easily slip in, when seniors are sold!

4) Anyway, academy players like Winks or Rose were never good enough IMO. Rose had one good season and a screamer against Arsenal, but how long was Bostock carried because of his long range shot. Also Ben, was average, but that wasn’t been noticed.

Example, I personally suggested Trippier, who IMO worked well for us. We had Walker and to me Trippier was a great sub. Same for Dier, he worked well, but Levys transfer policy destroyed the solidity in the team. The 2nd choice become 1st choice out of a necessity. We had aging defenders and haven’t react. We had injuries and haven’t react. We had sold keyplayers and haven’t react. 

Winks may be more talented than Mason, but the truth is, both of them only shined because of others. But nevertheless, despite of Harrys, Sonnys, Christians and Deles outstanding performances, at the end it was the performance of a well trained and working collective under an ambitious manager. Excuse me, I mean  „coach“. Poch had nothing to say and to me it would be interesting to know, how strong Joses word really is? I blame Levy and Enic, but at the end it was Pochs own EGO who blinded him, I guess!

5) I believe Jose. I‘m convinced he is glad to be back. But this guy hasn’t learned to lose. He was always priviliged, supported, but also spoiled. He has won with Inter when Juve, Napoli, Milan, Florentina were charged or relegated. He won with billionaires clubs and at least for one of the clubs I know, they have bought the title. And who watches the spanish league knows what I mean (just watch the Monday match, Barca vs Valladoid for example). Fact is, Levy probably hasn’t  paid the football association for „a favour“, or was given donations or other presents as the sheiks do for example. But this is how it works. And why we always end up with players we don’t need? Is a question we better ask „Fat Sam“! 

6) Don’t know if our lads have an psychotherapist, but I would wish them a mental coach of the kinds de Bruyne and Mahrez have. And instead of Carlos (45 million) I would rather sign Tammy Abraham! Yes, Mourinho would miss out to play charade in portoguese, but Tammy is the better option IMO and english!

Ps. I personally don’t find, Sam Allardyce is that fat. And surprise surprise, he is back in „buisness“. Its said, the internet never forgets, but people do. terrific  

A great post Spurfect and I agree with every point you made. 

You mentioned Poch's ego as being a major part in his downfall and I suspect that could also be added to the list for Mourhino.

It's as well we long suffering fans have a deep rooted patience for THFC, interspaced with expletives and plaudits during the good and bad times. We had some 4 seasons with Poch when we remained hopeful  and were in a happier frame of mind. Hopefully it won't be too long before are spirits are lifted again.

COYS

One thing that has come out of all this recent lack of form form, is that more of us are seeming to agree that it does not have to boil down to JM or the players or the board.  It's a combination of all 3 and they must all carry some responsibility.

I have no idea how to fix it, but one other thing of note is that despite games like The Arse and Newcastle, we are still 6th. Many other teams seem to be experiencing exactly the same inconsistency as us.  It's a weird season for sure.