Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Flick To Leave Bayern Munich.....

Hansi Flick: Bayern Munich boss to leave at the end of the season

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56788483

Now whilst this is not too surprising the ramifications could affect Spurs. The top guy being rumoured as Mourinho's replacement is Julian Nagelsmann, currently with RB Leipzig. It would appear that Flick is lined up for the German National team manager position which will soon become vacant and that Nagelsmann is seen as his successor at Bayern. He has only denied that any talks have taken place https://www.espn.com/soccer/bayern-munich/story/4360483/leipzigs-nagelsmann-rejects-rumours-of-bayern-munich-contract-talks

This of course means he could still end up going there.

It's all speculation at this stage but it will be interesting to see how it eventually pans out.

The word coming out of Germany is that whilst Bayern may come looking for Nagelsmann his current club Leipzig would be reluctant to let him go to a major rival. That leaves the door open for Spurs and the guy is known to be keen to try his talents in the Premier league. He has topped the vast majority of polls when Spurs supporters were asked who they would like as the next manager.

Should we fail to beat City then perhaps Daniel will advise José his contract will be terminated at the end of the season and start negotiations with Leipzig. This would undoubtedly lift the spirits of some of the players (Dele Alli especially and Son seems disillusioned) and perhaps persuade others (Kane in particular) to stay for one more term.

It would certainly do wonders for the morale of this Spurs fan.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Nagelsmann would be amazing for spurs,but I just keep thinking that Brendan Rogers would be perfect.

He's contracted to Leicester until 2025 and going nowhere unfortunately. :em21:

Would Nagelsmann want to come if we are not in Europe and Harry and other important players leave? 

The worse this season gets for us, the more my fears grow we will not get a proven top manager. They like to win trophies from the start. They won't want to risk building up a team that can compete at the highest level and then win trophies. 

I can see Mourhino going but I struggle to believe he will be replaced by a top guy. 

COYS 

6 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Would Nagelsmann want to come if we are not in Europe and Harry and other important players leave? 

The worse this season gets for us, the more my fears grow we will not get a proven top manager. They like to win trophies from the start. They won't want to risk building up a team that can compete at the highest level and then win trophies. 

I can see Mourhino going but I struggle to believe he will be replaced by a top guy. 

COYS 

The guy is just 33 and certainly not yet in the category of 'proven'. I think the opportunity of revitalising a top club like Spurs would be a dream come true for him. He may also be just the type of manager to help us keep players like Kane, Son and Alli.

I agree he is looking for a challenge with a bigger club.

My worry is with no European football and an exodus of the better players and unlikely to bring in decent replacements, all this will be taken into account by whoever is approached to take on the job. 

We will end up with a caretaker manager at the rate we are going. I shall borrow your phrase, 'there have been too many false dawns' over the last 6 years. My trust in DL getting anything right with the footballing side of the club is close to non-existent. 

COYS