Spurs Web
Audere Est Facere

Come on PSG come on Poch

5 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

And the hail storm before the match

Blimey yeah..must have been a bad one too. Poch has Mbappe on the bench which I presume means he's carrying an injury.

Ref was always gonna do that. Walk off the pitch. No different to what foden done in first minute but wasnt even booked. Why? Cos the psg player didnt make a meal of it . Ferdanino is an utter cheating poof . always always cheats 

35 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Joe Hart has just said on BT Sport that “City haven’t had a game where they’ve had to compete recently”
Thanks a lot Joe... Sack the bastard now.

Hes right. Laporte 2 yellows in final. Only one given then he scores the winner. Of course they dont have to compete. Theyve bought the win before kick off.  Today 5 yellows not given then ref couldnt wait to send DeMaria off for the same as Foden done in minute 1 . . Pep couldnt fail again 

10 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Hes right. Laporte 2 yellows in final. Only one given then he scores the winner. Of course they dont have to compete. Theyve bought the win before kick off.  Today 5 yellows not given then ref couldnt wait to send DeMaria off for the same as Foden done in minute 1 . . Pep couldnt fail again 

Let's be fair with that, you can't assume Laporte would have committed the second offence if he had already been on a yellow card. He may have been a lot more cautious knowing he was risking a red. The ref was wrong in not issuing the first one thereby giving him licence to commit the second foul.

9 hours ago, Borodin said:

Let's be fair with that, you can't assume Laporte would have committed the second offence if he had already been on a yellow card. He may have been a lot more cautious knowing he was risking a red. The ref was wrong in not issuing the first one thereby giving him licence to commit the second foul.

Exactly what i said on the day. But Thenspurs were clean thru if he hadnt fouled thats why either way it was scandalous he didnt get first yellow as it changes the way the player plays

2 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Exactly what i said on the day. But Thenspurs were clean thru if he hadnt fouled thats why either way it was scandalous he didnt get first yellow as it changes the way the player plays

Sadly, sportsmanship in professional football went out decades ago along with good manners and politeness. 

In today's world money rules and there is no place for sentiment. There isn't a club in the world that has not been forced into cheating, and that includes us - Harry is a master at drawing fouls. 

Today's football is so fast, that there will always be mistakes by the ref. On TV with modern technology and different views from various angles, any mistake is immediately picked up. To rectify the mistake, it was decided to introduce VAR. 

For me, it hasn't solved the problem - I would argue it has actually created more dissent. Firstly, to some extent, the interpretation of the incident is still subjective as the rules themselves are open to interpretation. Secondly, I think it is ridiculous that a decision is made on a thousandth of an inch. Also judging hand ball or whether it was the shoulder is open to opinion even with VAR. Just examples in my subjective opinion. 

It is more than an irritation when mistakes aren't rectified by VAR, especially if it is to our disadvantage. The obverse to this is it also works to our advantage at times. That leaves us chuffed with no sympathy for the opposition. 

In my younger days I allowed things to annoy me. However, having reached the ripe old age that I have, I have learned it serves no purpose in being irate as no one else cares. I now accept that at the end of the season, 20 clubs would have had lucky breaks and unlucky ones - some will have had more lucky decisions than unlucky ones and ie versa.

The late Prince Phillip summed it up well saying something like, 'Life deals you a hand, and you just have to get on with it'. That has been my mantra for the last 20 years or so. 'Get over it and get on with life'.

But each to their own as they say - I'm just giving my outlook on it. 

COYS